Considering buying an extended range guitar

• Thread starter le9508
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

le9508

Reaction score
The Schecter blackjack c8 models definitely look really good. From the videos I've seen of them though, they seem to have really bassy lower notes.

How would I go about getting a Carvin DC800 for under $1000? The quoted price for the bass model on the website is around $900 but it doesn't seem possible to buy it without the customization options which add about $500 to the overall price.

As for the playability of an 8 string, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle it in terms of strings since I've already tried an Ibanez at guitar center (not sure what the scale length on it was though).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Avogadr0

Reaction score
They really need to update their website and make it more intuitive.

Some of the options like neck options you don't actually have to select. I think the neck options cost at least one hundred dollars more

7stg

Reaction score
While it is possible to get a carvin out the door at base price, good luck with that, there is always a few things that are a good idea like a 5 piece neck for stability, then there are all the nice upgrades. If you are out the door with less than 200 in upgrades you are doing pretty good.

')