Contemplating Randall RM100M.. should I?

thadood

'Das brootal.
Reaction score
I've faced the fact that my Genz isn't cutting it for me. It used to have a killer sound, but now the tone has grown dead to my ears, and I must push on. I've done some soul (amp) searching, and I came across the RM100M. This thing looks tempting! Easily biasable (not to mention each tube is biasable.. think of the possibilities!), modules that are just about identical to the originals, and a large support for modifications by both Randall and Egnater (who originally designed the modular tube pre system). What's to lose with this one?

Has anyone been able to actually try one of these bad boys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I felt my ears burning.... :lol:

Well I guess to help you I'd need to hear more specifics about what you're going to be playing. :wavey: The MTS gear is very cool and can work for certain types of music very well, but others left me feeling kinda ehhhh. I'm a moderator on the Egnater/Randall MTS forum too, so I've been playing that stuff off and on for like 4 years now. :agreed: If you want, PM me some info about what you're going to play or the type of sound you're looking for and I can give you some specifics on whether or not it might work for you. :yesway:

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
The XTC Model works very good for shreddy tones. :yesway: