Converge Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Been listening to these guys non-stop lately. Saw a bunch of threads on updates about the band and whatnot, but no threads devoted to them. So all things Converge will go here!

I must say my favorite two albums that I've been listening to repeatedly are Axe to Fall and Jane Doe. While crazy and sporadic, there's some element about them that I find so catchy and groovy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky_Gallows

lyketotallybrashdude
Reaction score
Been listening to these guys non-stop lately. Saw a bunch of threads on updates about the band and whatnot, but no threads devoted to them. So all things Converge will go here!

I must say my favorite two albums that I've been listening to repeatedly are Axe to Fall and Jane Doe. While crazy and sporadic, there's some element about them that I find so catchy and groovy.

They are seriously my Favorite band. Jane doe totally changed my life.

boni

Reaction score
converge is freaking innovative and amazing. they have been around for 20+ years

revclay

Reaction score
Converge was one of the bands that really got me into metal. Jane Doe was one of the first metal albums I bought and listened to. Fantastic band.

Reaction score
Converge and Trap Them both rule. I've been listening to Converge since Junior High.

I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't really like their albums since "Unloved and Weeded Out"... I mean, there were a few good songs since then, but I haven't been able to dig a full album since then.

Nevertheless, Jacob's vocals are so fucking harsh and intense. I'm not entirely sure which album is my favorite, but I love the production of "Jane Doe". His vocals on that album are just... deadly.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Funny how you guys posted this yesterday, I'm seeing them today. Hurrah!

DSilence

Reaction score
Seen them here in NZ a while ago, such an awesome live performance, and their guitarist had some awesome techniques!

Mwoit

Reaction score
Saw them last night, they fucking slayed! Jacob just keep swinging his microphone which scared the shit out of me (I was at the front) but they played and sounded amazing. Top notch.. :yesway:

JordanLee

Star-stuff
Reaction score
One of my favorite bands. My band played a Halloween cover show and we covered 20+ Converge songs: an incredibly fun night.

')