Convince me to get a Caparison...

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arterial

Dreamer
Reaction score
Yeah, man, mine is Red Spinel - best color Ibanez makes by far. Find one.

I've had both the S5470F and the M-II, in various forms. I love both guitars and will probably own more in the future. I prefer the M-II, though, since its just one of the best no-nonsense work-horses out there.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you and go for Transparent Turqoise

154369_10150100116157139_672137138_7656897_5421671_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hanachanmaru

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to have interrupted abit here... i am rather interested in caparison guitars especially the walnut HGS dellinger..but i am looking at MJR Sig as well in comparison... didnt know which to choose and i am looking mainly on the tone of the caparisons.. how does anyone here could help to justify the tone ?

i just played a Rasmus and to my surprise the alder maple + rosewood sounded fantastic ! and would a caparison sound any close to it?

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to have interrupted abit here... i am rather interested in caparison guitars especially the walnut HGS dellinger..but i am looking at MJR Sig as well in comparison... didnt know which to choose and i am looking mainly on the tone of the caparisons.. how does anyone here could help to justify the tone ?

i just played a Rasmus and to my surprise the alder maple + rosewood sounded fantastic ! and would a caparison sound any close to it?

I had a Horus HGS walnut as well as a Dellinger.

The HGS was a beautiful guitar, but Walnut is an odd tonewood. It had a really nice low-mid growl, but i found anything else to seem a bit compressed and nasally.

The regular dellinger (Mahogany, just like the MJR) is more balanced, but is a really dark sounding guitar. Due to the pro finish, there's an emphasis on the lower mids, but the rest of the range isn't really compressed like the Walnut.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
gonna necro this. We don't talk about Caparison enough. :D any other opinions?

Well...I am looking into a TAT and a Horus now. I guess that is a good sign:yesway:

That being said I have not heard anything recently about the Caparison company being reworked...be sad to hear it.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah any status updates on Caparison company?

Fantastic product if they would advertise. Hard to sell $2-3k guitars word of mouth only and compete with the big boys. And for that money they really should upgrade those stock pups...

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my Dellinger II back, and I will add that I couldn't be more glad that I did. I had a short PRS GASing phase, and I traded it off for a Swamp Ash Special, but I recently traded back for it. One of my favorite guitars I've ever played and it will always lock down a special place in my heart!

100_0732.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Due to the pro finish, there's an emphasis on the lower mids,

I know this description is taken right from the Caparison site, but does anyone believe it? Just sounded like marketing shenanigans to me.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally I think it's BS. An oiled Horus HGS sounds exactly the same as a pro black one.

Kabstract

Flamenco is cool
Reaction score
Personally I think it's BS. An oiled Horus HGS sounds exactly the same as a pro black one.

I think paint affecting tone is stretching it a little bit. Perhaps there are some very small differences, but the prices over some of these guitars (I'm talking about other brands too *Gibsonahem*) based on finish is ridiculous.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I think paint affecting tone is stretching it a little bit. Perhaps there are some very small differences, but the prices over some of these guitars (I'm talking about other brands too *Gibsonahem*) based on finish is ridiculous.

You're assuming that the only reason a finish would drive up the price is because of some supposed benefit to tone. Companies don't just make prices up out of thin air. Some finishes are more expensive, and more time-consuming and labor-intensive, to apply, and therefore cost more than others. I don't know why this is such a mystery.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah actually the pro finished caparisons cost exactly the same as their oiled natural counterparts.

Osiris

Reaction score
I would totally look into one if Ibanezrules didn't have J Customs for $2000. Gassin hard for a Horus HGS though.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of playing an Applehorn Jazz (fixed bridge & straight frets model) for a full week during IA's camp, and liked it. It was good, but I'm not sure if it's over 2k good. The yellow applehorn IA had with true temperament felt nicer for some reason.

That said, it was incredibly light and sounded great. Just not my cup of tea.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
It is more of a preference thing really. Both are equally high quality MIJ guitars.

This! I've jammed on both and they are both fantastic. ESP is usually going to be pricier right off the bat, but by the time you find a like-spec'd Ibanez guitar, you're probably going to be at around the same price range.

')