Convince me to get a Caparison...

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
This! I've jammed on both and they are both fantastic. ESP is usually going to be pricier right off the bat, but by the time you find a like-spec'd Ibanez guitar, you're probably going to be at around the same price range.

Jordanky knows what's good ! :metal::yesway:

BTW Your Capa is awesome, throw Ibanez, ESP, Jackson and Caparison and you have a Church approved combination of guitars right there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

atticmike

Reaction score
Dunno why but the moment I was able to shred the shit out of one, I was utterly disappointed. The are much better choices out there considering what you pay for it.

The only market that would be of interest for you is the used one.

Sudzmorphus

Reaction score
Dunno why but the moment I was able to shred the shit out of one, I was utterly disappointed. The are much better choices out there considering what you pay for it.

I guess everyones dif, I've been through loads of ESP's and ivebeenhads only to go backto the horus everytime.
For me the horus is perfect and ive owned like 12 of them, Maybe 1 or 2 wernt n par with the others but the rest were amazing.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Personally I've owned a Dellinger, original red sunset TAT and Pete Joseph's Purple People Eater Horus. Firstly there was something able the neck-profile I could never get on with, secondly there was pretty much no difference in build quality between a Caparison and a 90's Japanese Jackson.

It got to the stage where I was playing my Fusion more than the Horus, so the Horus went.

Last edited:

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score

I'd agree. I'll readily admit I've only gotten to play a couple, both Dellingers, in a shop, but I was grossly disappointed. Struck me as something that I'd have thought reasonably good value at £700. Laughable value at the £1499 that was being asked.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I know this description is taken right from the Caparison site, but does anyone believe it? Just sounded like marketing shenanigans to me.

The better the wood breathes, the more vibration can go through it. Same as Nitro Finish affecting the Fenders. THinner finish = more vibration. Pro finish breathes really well. I think it does what it says it does, having owned quite a few now.

Xykhron

Reaction score
Do you still need to convinced?. Ok, then try one and decide yourself. That will be your fire-test.

I did it some years ago and finally sold ALL my guitars (Jackson USA Soloist 1 &2 & PC-1 & RR1T, Jackson Custom Shop Dinky-7, ESP Stardar M-II, M-III, Eclipse & Viper & Horizon, ESP Custom M-II & Hotizon, EBMM Petrucci, PRS Custom 22 & 24, Suhr Modern and some other Ibbys, USA Kramers,some DC Carvin and old Peavey stuff) and currently I own 9 Capas...I replaced my guitars step by step, but firmly. Maybe they're not the best guitars out there, but at least for me they fit my needs. The guitars I owned previously gave me very very good moments, but every day I play my Capas, every day I don't miss them.

The bad points: price (25% less should be more fair price), PUs (they're not bad but also not good) and distribution (poor).
Also, the neck profile is not for everyone. My band mate doesn't like Horus but Dellinger is ok for him, but some other friends feel no comfortable playing any of them. It depends a lot of your playing style, size of your hands, and a large list of variables.

Try one if you can.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Do you still need to convinced?. Ok, then try one and decide yourself. That will be your fire-test.

I did it some years ago and finally sold ALL my guitars (Jackson USA Soloist 1 &2 & PC-1 & RR1T, Jackson Custom Shop Dinky-7, ESP Stardar M-II, M-III, Eclipse & Viper & Horizon, ESP Custom M-II & Hotizon, EBMM Petrucci, PRS Custom 22 & 24, Suhr Modern and some other Ibbys, USA Kramers,some DC Carvin and old Peavey stuff) and currently I own 9 Capas...I replaced my guitars step by step, but firmly. Maybe they're not the best guitars out there, but at least for me they fit my needs. The guitars I owned previously gave me very very good moments, but every day I play my Capas, every day I don't miss them.

The bad points: price (25% less should be more fair price), PUs (they're not bad but also not good) and distribution (poor).
Also, the neck profile is not for everyone. My band mate doesn't like Horus but Dellinger is ok for him, but some other friends feel no comfortable playing any of them. It depends a lot of your playing style, size of your hands, and a large list of variables.

Try one if you can.

My problem is the nearest dealer is about three hours away, and idk if they move that many.

Right now I plan on sticking with Jackson USAs, ESPs, Ibanez Prestige's, and maybe Suhr, PRS, EBMM and Carvin :lol:, but mainly those three, since they seem to be doing well for what I need and they are the guitars I always go back to. I just wanted to see what Capa's were like overall. Since I am seeing such a mixed response now with how they I probably will not. Thanks anyway though.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
They fit my needs as well. I bought all of mine sight unseen. Love everyone I have ever owned! My favorites are PRS, Warrior, ESPs and J. Customs. Caparisons top them all in my opinion. Mayones is close, but I love my capas quite a bit. Nothing is better than the angelus. :D

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
They fit my needs as well. I bought all of mine sight unseen. Love everyone I have ever owned! My favorites are PRS, Warrior, ESPs and J. Customs. Caparisons top them all in my opinion. Mayones is close, but I love my capas quite a bit. Nothing is better than the angelus.

What happened to Jackson Engage? :metal:

noob_pwn

Reaction score
caparisons are fantastic guitars and they sound huge because of the finishes they use. If i had a choice between a cap and a J-custom or standard series ESP I'd take the cap.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
To add to what engage was saying, I got my Dellinger kind of sight unseen. I drove almost five hours to do a blind trade even though I knew I was going to more than likely dig it anyway haha. Also, while we're on the subject of Caps, I will have a NGD Wednesday, barring that nothing happen :yesway:

bonethug

Reaction score
if i may give my two cents... Don't get one, Its true they are nice but chances are if you can afford a cap you can just go all out and get a custom. Personally i don't like guitars over the 500$ mark because its hard recovering from having your life savings break or get stolen.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I'll throw this here as a general advice:

If anyone needs persuading about buying something ,then it's usually just the GAS crabs in his pocket.Especially when talking about guitars,since we tend to put looks above the best quality AND looks our money can buy according to the specific type of guitars/gear we seek.

(This as opposed to researching yourself about the product you want to buy,seeking/questioning specific answers to verify that the product suits you )

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I'll throw this here as a general advice:

If anyone needs persuading about buying something ,then it's usually just the GAS crabs in his pocket.Especially when talking about guitars,since we tend to put looks above the best quality AND looks our money can buy according to the specific type of guitars/gear we seek.

(This as opposed to researching yourself about the product you want to buy,seeking/questioning specific answers to verify that the product suits you )

Like I said a few times before, I do not have the opportunity to try one at all. The nearest dealer to me is in New York, and I live in southern Virginia, and I am not going to drive 8 hours to try a guitar, so word of the web is all I heard. I really just wanted to get some knowledge on them since I heard a lot of good about them.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
if i may give my two cents... Don't get one, Its true they are nice but chances are if you can afford a cap you can just go all out and get a custom. Personally i don't like guitars over the 500$ mark because its hard recovering from having your life savings break or get stolen.

Well cheapest oneI have was $900 new, and the most expensive was $1,900.00. Plus I never like selling guitars. When I get one it I never plan on selling it. In fact the only reason I am selling my Carvin now is due to unemployment...

And you do not have to worry about it breaking if you take care of it. Stolen, well, that sucks, but if I always worried about and never took that risk I would not have the good guitars I enjoy now.

Captastic

Reaction score
I think you can see by now that it all comes down to personal preference...and what motivates you to shred. I picked up an Ibbie Jem (the white one)...and thought it was complete garbage. I've never played a J-custom...but they def look like something I'd like.

Tho I own a Cap TAT myself...I wouldn't buy a Cap brand new...but then again I wouldn't buy any high priced guitar brand new. Just not worth the cost (to me). If I was going to buy a new Cap...I'd def go thru Bud Royce (moderator on Cap forum), as he does a pro set-up on every guitar he ships...and has a few nice touches like rolled edges...rounded fret ends...smooth neck mod...ESP arming adjuster...and big brass block mods as well.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Jordanky knows what's good ! :metal::yesway:

BTW Your Capa is awesome, throw Ibanez, ESP, Jackson and Caparison and you have a Church approved combination of guitars right there.

and an Engage one also!

Although I must say I really am starting to take Ibanez and Jackson off and put PRS and Warrior back on in their place. :D

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I think you can see by now that it all comes down to personal preference...and what motivates you to shred. I picked up an Ibbie Jem (the white one)...and thought it was complete garbage. I've never played a J-custom...but they def look like something I'd like.

Tho I own a Cap TAT myself...I wouldn't buy a Cap brand new...but then again I wouldn't buy any high priced guitar brand new. Just not worth the cost (to me). If I was going to buy a new Cap...I'd def go thru Bud Royce (moderator on Cap forum), as he does a pro set-up on every guitar he ships...and has a few nice touches like rolled edges...rounded fret ends...smooth neck mod...ESP arming adjuster...and big brass block mods as well.

What TAT do you have? Pics? :D

')