Convince me to get a Caparison...

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bonethug

Reaction score
well i guess you guys would know more than me right, I only tried to find their Hq since I live in Japan and was told by EVERYONE "out of business".

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
well i guess you guys would know more than me right, I only tried to find their Hq since I live in Japan and was told by EVERYONE "out of business".

Or we just have friends that are endorsers. and dealers. :hbang:

And their factory is in Nagoya, which is like 3 hours from you man. according to Google maps. They have simply halted production to be re-structured.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Kyowa also produces like twenty separate companies merchandise, including Danelectro, Randall, Chatting Bird, Dean Markley and Parker. They are spread out, including producing merchandise for Disney and Looney tunes believe it or not. They are just re-structuring, a very common business practice. Worst case scenario, parts of manufacture are bought out by other companies.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Kyowa also produces like twenty separate companies merchandise, including Danelectro, Randall, Chatting Bird, Dean Markley and Parker. They are spread out, including producing merchandise for Disney and Looney tunes believe it or not. They are just re-structuring, a very common business practice. Worst case scenario, parts of manufacture are bought out by other companies.

Is that the same company that also bought out Washburn/ US Music Corp. back in 2009? If it is I need to right them a letter about returning the WM526 to production.

I really want to see where Caparison goes with this honestly. Maybe more Chatting birds for the younger people who cannot afford a Caparison to get into them. And more production Caparisons. I would love to see a TAT with a maple board...

bonethug

Reaction score
Or we just have friends that are endorsers. and dealers. :hbang:

And their factory is in Nagoya, which is like 3 hours from you man. according to Google maps. They have simply halted production to be re-structured.

jesus nagoya? thats 3 hours on the shinkanssen... I might be wrong but i think thats where Ibanez is made as well, but dude you gotta realize even if they come back the company wont be the same, they'll start using cheaper building methods to cut cost so the company doesnt falter again.

Sudzmorphus

Reaction score
but dude you gotta realize even if they come back the company wont be the same, they'll start using cheaper building methods to cut cost so the company doesnt falter again.

Not true, Itaru is super anal about QC so cant see that happening.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Not true, Itaru is super anal about QC so cant see that happening.

Agreed. Caparison has released a few lemons, but not like, a lot of them.

Only thing I can see are cheaper model likes, like Chatting Bird, getting more attention because that is where a lot of sales are for these companies. They may WANT to only build the high end stuff, but to stay alive, they NEED to build a cheaper line of guitars.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
jesus nagoya? thats 3 hours on the shinkanssen... I might be wrong but i think thats where Ibanez is made as well, but dude you gotta realize even if they come back the company wont be the same, they'll start using cheaper building methods to cut cost so the company doesnt falter again.

I don't think so man. I bet if anything, the custom shop gets opened to the general public and the chatting bird line starts going into full force. Chatting Bird has the potential to save the company, so I actually am agreeing with you in a sense. Just remember that Caparison only makes like 40-50 guitars a month. If they make the custom shop open to the public, then you get more people buying their guitars, in addition to the people already buying the standard Caparisons. Next, you need a broader variety of endorsers. Endorse more people, then you put your company into the public eye. Then your chatting bird sales will increase. The quantity of that line will save Caparison.

')