Convince me to get a Caparison...

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
if i may give my two cents... Don't get one, Its true they are nice but chances are if you can afford a cap you can just go all out and get a custom. Personally i don't like guitars over the 500$ mark because its hard recovering from having your life savings break or get stolen.

I can't think of a single guitar in which I would have even the slightest interest in that price range. Just saying.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said a few times before, I do not have the opportunity to try one at all. The nearest dealer to me is in New York, and I live in southern Virginia, and I am not going to drive 8 hours to try a guitar, so word of the web is all I heard. I really just wanted to get some knowledge on them since I heard a lot of good about them.

That's perfectly understandable! My next piece of advice is, if it's not going to cause a major financial meltdown with you, then just keep your eyes peeled on the used market and pull the trigger when the time is right:hbang: It's not like it would be that hard to trade for something else, just in case you didn't like it :yesway:

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
That's perfectly understandable! My next piece of advice is, if it's not going to cause a major financial meltdown with you, then just keep your eyes peeled on the used market and pull the trigger when the time is right:hbang: It's not like it would be that hard to trade for something else, just in case you didn't like it :yesway:

This is a good idea as well. Thanks man. Get one used first, if I like it, then get some more in the new market, if not, then trade it for something I already like.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a good idea as well. Thanks man. Get one used first, if I like it, then get some more in the new market, if not, then trade it for something I already like.

That's my general take/justification for being a gear whore, hopefully it can work for others as well :lol:

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
That's my general take/justification for being a gear whore, hopefully it can work for others as well :lol:

Oh it has worked out as an excuse for me millions of times!

Either that or the following works as well-

Different body shape
Different Neck Shape
Different Brand
More Strings
Different Colors
Different Pickups
Different Color

Or I want want more!

Xykhron

Reaction score
Yeah, and not even that for me. I am really into Caparison, PRS, Mayones etc. And you can't touch one for that price. I am GASsing for a Flaxwood now, and that is up there too.

Zack, they look interesting but some strange it them also. I think it's cutaway's shape....by the way, sorry for the offtopic :shred:

bonethug

Reaction score
gentlemen, there is no rule that says a cheap guitar can't be a great guitar, I myself own a Ibby prestige with bkps sounds great but.... My favorite guitar is my bottom shelf grassroots that i traded my broken S series for, I've played caps, and compared to my POS they dont compare. My reasoning for saying don't get a cap:
1. Caps are pretty and they are highly sought after guitars but they are made of wood and magnets same as most other guitars and should not cost as much as used toyotas do.
2. The quality of your cap is the year you buy it, the (same could be said about most guitar companies) so your not guaranteed greatness from the brand name.
3. in terms of feel and ergonomics caparisons are lacking. IMO.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
gentlemen, there is no rule that says a cheap guitar can't be a great guitar, I myself own a Ibby prestige with bkps sounds great but.... My favorite guitar is my bottom shelf grassroots that i traded my broken S series for, I've played caps, and compared to my POS they dont compare. My reasoning for saying don't get a cap:
1. Caps are pretty and they are highly sought after guitars but they are made of wood and magnets same as most other guitars and should not cost as much as used toyotas do.
2. The quality of your cap is the year you buy it, the (same could be said about most guitar companies) so your not guaranteed greatness from the brand name.
3. in terms of feel and ergonomics caparisons are lacking. IMO.

While these are all legit points, your three reasons to not buy a Caparison can easily be reasons to someone else not to buy a guitar from *insert brand X* PRS, ESP, Ibanez, Gibson, Jackson, you name it.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
While these are all legit points, your three reasons to not buy a Caparison can easily be said about any other guitar company from a subjective standpoint. PRS, ESP, Ibanez, Gibson, Jackson, you name it.

Well said man. Well said.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Well said man. Well said.

Don't get me wrong. I still think that they are steep on brand new prices, but what brand isn't? I have no problem in saying that I probably wouldn't buy a brand new Caparison, because I very rarely ever buy brand new gear. I still love my Caparison guitars though!

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I still think that they are steep on brand new prices, but what brand isn't? I have no problem in saying that I probably wouldn't buy a brand new Caparison, but I very rarely ever buy brand new gear.

Yeah I am the opposite, I always get my gear new, mainly because I never like selling gear and I keep it as a long term investment, plus to me, it is worth it. Also I never know what condition is honestly is in, it is weird really.

Unless it is rare, from a close friend of mine, a limited run or a custom one off I always get my gear new.

bonethug

Reaction score
While these are all legit points, your three reasons to not buy a Caparison can easily be reasons to someone else not to buy a guitar from *insert brand X* PRS, ESP, Ibanez, Gibson, Jackson, you name it.

Very true, I suppose thats why I love playing cheap guitars that i gave a little TLC.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Zack, they look interesting but some strange it them also. I think it's cutaway's shape....by the way, sorry for the offtopic :shred:

Hey Juanma! I am having a love hate relationship with them. The Capas/Mayones are still my favorites, but I simply must try one! Not a huge fan of the styling either, but I have to try it! ;)

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Very true, I suppose thats why I love playing cheap guitars that i gave a little TLC.

To each their own man. Shit, my Dad has a stupid collection of basses. He plays the ugliest USA Spector NS I have ever seen. He loves it because it is already beat up and doesn't have to worry about it.

I on the other hand... :D

And in Caparison's defense, They have models to suit anyone's taste really. And you could even get a Chatting Bird relatively cheap if you wanted too. ;)

bonethug

Reaction score
To each their own man. Shit, my Dad has a stupid collection of basses. He plays the ugliest USA Spector NS I have ever seen. He loves it because it is already beat up and doesn't have to worry about it.

And in Caparison's defense, They have models to suit anyone's taste really. And you could even get a Chatting Bird relatively cheap if you wanted too. ;)[/QUOTE

they do make sweet guitars ill give them that, but i went to tokyo the other day, the guy from big boss (esp headquarters) was all too eager to tell me that caparison had gone out of business, even the chatting birds prices had skyrocketed to about 80000 yen. So I'm doomed to never own one....

engage757

Banned
Reaction score

And in Caparison's defense, They have models to suit anyone's taste really. And you could even get a Chatting Bird relatively cheap if you wanted too. ;)[/QUOTE

they do make sweet guitars ill give them that, but i went to tokyo the other day, the guy from big boss (esp headquarters) was all too eager to tell me that caparison had gone out of business, even the chatting birds prices had skyrocketed to about 80000 yen. So I'm doomed to never own one....

Haha Caparison is just restructuring. Kyowa Shokai is in trouble and they are figuring it out. Caparison is not going under.

')