Cool Chord progressions

• Thread starter All_¥our_Bass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
lachrymose said:
ok im an absolutely fucking SUCKER for this progression.. hear it in so many songs...

well i'll do it in A minor, you's can transcrie it if you like

Am F G

:agreed: That's the chorus to my "Alien Love Child." Stick a C before the G, and that's the verse. Problem is, I like thatAm-F-C-G thing so much, whenever I'm working on a new song I find myself wanting to do it, and everything comes out sounding the same. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lachrymose

Lacrimosa dies illa
Reaction score
Drew said:
:agreed: That's the chorus to my "Alien Love Child." Stick a C before the G, and that's the verse. Problem is, I like thatAm-F-C-G thing so much, whenever I'm working on a new song I find myself wanting to do it, and everything comes out sounding the same. :lol:

i think its the chorus in just about every song i like :(

Don't Fear the Reaper uses it too i think.

Well generally the i-VI-VII chords, I think My Heart Will Go On uses it too... don't ask how I know that.

Then there's the cliche as fuck mixing up those chords that Nirvana made famous, although have been used forever.

i-iv-III-VI (i think its more the fact that its easy to play the i-iv and III-VI powerchords on the string below and above respectively) anyway consecutive rising fourths/falling fifths always have power behind them

includao

Banned
Reaction score
lachrymose said:
i-iv-III-VI (i think its more the fact that its easy to play the i-iv and III-VI powerchords on the string below and above respectively) anyway consecutive rising fourths/falling fifths always have power behind them

HAHAHAH, smells like... :idea: teen spirit

Latest posts

')