Cool detail on Schecters

• Thread starter cip 123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
So I just noticed this as I stripped a Schecter Sun Valley Shredder 7 for an overhaul. They out inserts in the pickup cavities!

I just thought this was a really cool move by them as someone who has worn holes smooth with so many pup changes before. And It's not even a detail they really advertise. Is it just this model or has anyone noticed it in any recent models?

80434655_10216495898451456_3555626067978878976_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's cool.

But, a better feature would be not being a coin-toss whether they're a hero or zero. :lol:

Are the other Schecters like this? I haven't swapped pickups on one in a while.

cip 123

Reaction score
That's cool.

But, a better feature would be not being a coin-toss whether they're a hero or zero. :lol:

Are the other Schecters like this? I haven't swapped pickups on one in a while.
Absolutely true since this guitar is a Minus :lol: too many problems I'm just building a new body

Zado

Reaction score
Is it worth building a whole new body tho? What s wrong with the current one?

cip 123

Reaction score
Is it worth building a whole new body tho? What s wrong with the current one?
The floyd Kinda totally ruined this one, a few problems with it, as well as the pickups. Getting HSS 7 string pups isn't something I really wanna spend £300 on when the wood for a new body costs £20 and I can drop some BKP humbuckers in it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
That's cool. I've actually been wanting to try one of these. Sounds like they're really hit or miss from what you guys are saying, though.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
So I just noticed this as I stripped a Schecter Sun Valley Shredder 7 for an overhaul. They out inserts in the pickup cavities!

I just thought this was a really cool move by them as someone who has worn holes smooth with so many pup changes before. And It's not even a detail they really advertise. Is it just this model or has anyone noticed it in any recent models?

80434655_10216495898451456_3555626067978878976_o.jpg
my old avenger 8 and km7 mk3 standard both had threaded inserts

cip 123

Reaction score
That's cool. I've actually been wanting to try one of these. Sounds like they're really hit or miss from what you guys are saying, though.
Wait till next year and see if there is an updated version.

The pickups are utter garbage. I would say Hot Garbage but they're not even hot enough for that.

Reaction score
Inserts are a very nice touch.

What's the issue with Schecters and floyds? I was just looking at the E1 FR S because I want an explorer with a floyd. Never played a Schecter but they seem to get mixed reviews on quality.

cip 123

Reaction score
Inserts are a very nice touch.

What's the issue with Schecters and floyds? I was just looking at the E1 FR S because I want an explorer with a floyd. Never played a Schecter but they seem to get mixed reviews on quality.
Floyds can ruin any guitar irrespective of brand.

As for this particular model, the nut wasn't sitting correctly (Or had a sharp edge) when I tried to tune the high E and B when locked they both snapped, I'm going with the height or angle being off meaning there was an odd break angle. The bridge wouldn't do Drop A properly it rattled somewhere in the system even after I muted the springs. Add to that the garbage pickups and it is actually easy for me to just cut a new H-H body and use the neck with a replaced nut as I have the luxury of a CNC machine.

I think this one was just a lemon, as quality wise in terms of finish, wiring, and feel it was very good and nice to play when it worked briefly, it's just the trem system is all out of whack.

As with any new guitar try and play it first, I bought this online and the problems could've been spotted in person. As far as quality go I'm a fan of Schecter so I'm maybe biased. But a £300 8 string I bought from them is up there in the top 5 guitars I've ever played based on setup.

Buy from a store with a returns policy, and you should be just fine :)

Reaction score
thanks, appreciate the response. I've had a floyd and a kahler guitar in the past and got rid of both because I was always fiddling with them on setup and it got old. Ready to dive back in but I'm worried about issues like you described above.

Any thoughts on the E1 FR S itself?

cip 123

Reaction score
thanks, appreciate the response. I've had a floyd and a kahler guitar in the past and got rid of both because I was always fiddling with them on setup and it got old. Ready to dive back in but I'm worried about issues like you described above.

Any thoughts on the E1 FR S itself?
Like I said it can happen on any guitar, I've had Ibanez with snapped locking nuts the day I bought it. I've had had floyds set up for the wrong radius on USA Carvin guitars, a bad system can ruin a whole guitar, which is why you should buy from a good shop and try first.

As for the E1 it should be decent, I personally wouldn't have any worries about over all quality most schecters I've had have been great, this is the first bad one I've had, I've had 3 previously. The Stainless steel parts on the trem and locking nut are a nice touch as they'll be the first to round out with wear and tear. It should be a nice guitar!

')