Coolest Band Discovery so far in 2006....

• Thread starter Jeff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gurj

Reaction score
Bands I hadn't heard before and have been listening the hell out of this year are Porcupine Tree (thanks Drew) and Arch Enemy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Cactus_Jack said:
Coolest discovery so far in '06 is definitly Dragonforce. Turbo-charged Power Metal from London!!
These guys rock the frets at amazing speed :shred: + Herman Li has some sevens in his arsenal. Check 'em out!

I've known about these guys for a while now. Fastest band I've ever heard. Their shit is just sick. Still think Valley of the Damned is better than Sonic Firestorm, although both are great albums, I'm not into the blast beats the new drummer does so much. But I guess it does fit the music afterall.

My two newest discoveries are Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for my Valentine. Just starting to get into them as of late Dec.

7stringninja

Southpaw Bastard
Reaction score
Nevermore for me.

I always read the columns in GW and thought they were very nice, but never thought to look into the band.

Thanks SS.org :yesway:

Martin_777

7 String Engineer
Reaction score
Regor said:
Still think Valley of the Damned is better than Sonic Firestorm, although both are great albums, ...

You should listen to their new album "Inhuman Rampage". Pretty cool songs and a lot of sick sounds.

Go to dragonforce.com (sorry, I'm not allowed to link .... :wallbash: ) and check out the video section. At the very bottom there is somethin they call "Encore" where you can find some videos of them recording solos. These guys do know how to play fast! :nuts:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't been there in a while, but I downloaded all the vids they had on their website when the first album came out. good stuff.

I haven't found 'Inhuman Rampage' yet. As soon as I do, it's sooo bought!

')