Coolest/craziest thing you have seen a band do during a show

• Thread starter Selloutz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Selloutz

Reaction score
I thought I would pop my new topic cherry, I was wondering what you think is the coolest thing you have seen a band do during a show (either there or on tape), I guess my personal one is kinda cheating, because its what the crowd did to a band, I saw limp bizkit be forced off the stage in chicago by people throwing shit after fred starting talking shit about mancow, (PS I was there for the deftones and metallica)

discuss! :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Rammstein Reise Reise Tour...

[/thread]

jokes but other good ones was Bleeding Through having one of the guitarists climb 60ft into the air on the girders on the side of the stage, and Amen as Casey destroyed the entire backline during the 1st song :lol:

gnossdrawkcab

Reaction score
Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan spitting fire in our faces from 5 feet away was pretty awesome :hbang:

skeeballcore

Reaction score
Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan spitting fire in our faces from 5 feet away was pretty awesome :hbang:
Same guy, throwing a burning 4x12 cabinet into the crowd

Devin Townsend didn't do any "one" crazy thing, but I thought the guy might've been insane the first time I saw him in concert

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Saw this metalcore band called The Hurt Process play in this tiny local venue of mine. 5 Piece band, the stage barely had enough room for them. They were absolutely mental. Each one of them jumping all over the place, and one of them spun his guitar around, almost hitting our faces and missing various bits of expensive gear. Me and my mate just stood there stunned. We had to catch one of the guitarists as he fell off the stage. I've never seen a band go that mental during a gig, in the flesh or on video. Not to mention, they did it all while sounding flawless.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
Jeff Tuttle of the Dillinger Escape Plan, Wakestock 08', jumping off the stage during 43% burnt and doing several summersaults with his guitar through the outdoor, dirt floor mosh pit. RIDICULOUS!

Also, Steve Vai at Massy Hall in 05', he threw his guitar pick directly into a guys hand in the back row balcony!!!! It was like watching someone flick a frisbee 30 feet. RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Rammstein's Reise Reise tour has to be it. I was there, one row from the front, I felt the heat of the flames, went deaf to the explosions, and crowd surfed a man in an inflatable boat over my head.

Everything about that tour was fucking mental. And to top it off, I have never heard a heavier band than that. Tight as hell and the mix was unreal - I've never seen a band attain that kind of tightness outside of virtuoso stuff like Satch and Vai, and these guys did it with flamethrower masks on!

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Pretty much any show I've seen with Rammstein or Amen has had too many crazy things happen to mention but.......

I saw In Flames 2/3 years ago and there was a guy right up front of the pit on his phone Anders (their singer) saw this stopped the band and pointed the guy out to the rest of the crowd, he then hopped offstage into the audience took the guys phone off him put a mic up against it so the crowd could hear and started talking and it turned out it was actually the guys mother on the end of the line.

Anders then had a phone conversation with this guys mother onstage while the entire crowd was pissing themselves laughing at this poor guy whose mother had rang up to check what time he was going to be home that night.
I've seen lots of cool stuff happen at gigs before but that night was definitely the funniest and most unique thing I've ever seen.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
A once local band called Train of Thought (now Foxy Shazam). The lead singer drank a bottle of Dawn dish liquid and put a cigarette out on his asshole. Beat that! :lol:

Opeth666

Reaction score
Pretty much any show I've seen with Rammstein or Amen has had too many crazy things happen to mention but.......

I saw In Flames 2/3 years ago and there was a guy right up front of the pit on his phone Anders (their singer) saw this stopped the band and pointed the guy out to the rest of the crowd, he then hopped offstage into the audience took the guys phone off him put a mic up against it so the crowd could hear and started talking and it turned out it was actually the guys mother on the end of the line.

Anders then had a phone conversation with this guys mother onstage while the entire crowd was pissing themselves laughing at this poor guy whose mother had rang up to check what time he was going to be home that night.
I've seen lots of cool stuff happen at gigs before but that night was definitely the funniest and most unique thing I've ever seen.

I think I actually heard about that story somewhere

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
A once local band called Train of Thought (now Foxy Shazam). The lead singer drank a bottle of Dawn dish liquid and put a cigarette out on his asshole. Beat that! :lol:

Dude i have seen foxy shazam twice and those guys are fucking crazy lol. On stage their singer lit three cigarettes in his mouth and the security guy told him to put him out so he literally put them in his mouth and swallowed them. That was just one of the crazy things that they were doing. They were all over the place and straight up acting crazy. After their set things were broken, I am sure they had to be hurt, and just left the crowd saying what the fuck (but in a good way). I could care less about the music they were playing, but they were sure entertaining to watch.

Another crazy thing was seeing goldfinger live. This was when i was really young, and they made some kid eat a twinkie out of the drummers ass. It was pretty nasty lol.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
i saw a band open for animals as leaders, can't remember the name, but at the end of their set they pulled out a leafblower-toilet paper shooting machine and it was AWESOME.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
i saw a band open for animals as leaders, can't remember the name, but at the end of their set they pulled out a leafblower-toilet paper shooting machine and it was AWESOME.
ROFL! A DJ that use to come to our middle school dances did that.

')