Coolest/craziest thing you have seen a band do during a show

• Thread starter Selloutz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CapenCyber

Reaction score
Greg from DEP taking a shit on stage and throwing it into the crowd (wrapped up in a towel).

This was at reading festival 05 or 06, can't remember, the big screens either side had a close up of his arse as he was shitting.

Fred

Reaction score
Municipal Waste have got to be one of the best live acts I've seen, and also the only gig I've been to where I genuinely feared for my life. There was not a single second where someone wasn't stage-diving or crowd-surfing (some on boogie/body boards, whatever they're called), some dude running around the pit in a massive shark suit and another dude doing the same butt naked.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
this is easy, i have seen GWAR over 27 times. i cant list all the awesomeness in one thread \m/

Nats

Reaction score
other than that, just some crappy hardcore band's singer running around in the audience with his mic. everyone was unenthusiastic and sitting down waiting for them to finish. it was embarrassing.

was it bury your dead? i remember they played family values a few years ago at PNC Bank Arts center and the singer got some wireless mic and ran all the way up to the grass seating section during the last song to "keep it real with the fans". well like 2 people stood near him looking all confused and the rest just walked away. it was pretty painful to watch. lol

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Coolest things I've on a DVD or heard about is.

Steve Vai doing harmonics with his boots on Bad Horse live in Astoria DVD and him hitting harmonics behind his back.

Dream Theater a whole three hour set then; for an encore play the whole Master of Puppets album!

Poho

Reaction score
I saw Yes on an anniversary tour a few years back. Chris Squire whipped out a triple neck bass for a few songs, which was intense. The drummer was sitting in the middle of an octupus, each of whose arms had a tom and a mallet at the end of it. for the second song it was playing the drums, it was pretty cool.

Semi-pro

Reaction score
this is pretty intense, He did the whole set like that and I think he had the world record at the time...

Laughing my ass off at the breakdown swaying :lol: :lol:
But did the guy soil himself?! Check out 2:16... Can't blame the guy though, i would do the same if i was hanging from there :lol:

Awesome!!

Selloutz

Reaction score
I would say if I could go back and time and see any classic rock event it would be Jimi Hendrix the first time he burnt his guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOzhbj1BVOU

I mean even his new album valleys of neptune is pretty good for a posthumous release, i got a free download of some of it off this facebook group here and really dug it even all its 40 years after his death, check it out if you want :shred:

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
The chariot are the best live band ive seen and you have to see it once.Its a 30minutes mixup of their songs and they just go insane,
the bass player spat in the air, caught it back and swallowed it,
the singer threw his bass over to him,
the guitar player just jumped in the crowd and was playing in a fetus position right on the floor for like 2minutes.
they took the whole drum and threw it over the crowd while hitting the drums.

...theyre just mental..

avenger

Reaction score
Municipal Waste have got to be one of the best live acts I've seen, and also the only gig I've been to where I genuinely feared for my life. There was not a single second where someone wasn't stage-diving or crowd-surfing (some on boogie/body boards, whatever they're called), some dude running around the pit in a massive shark suit and another dude doing the same butt naked.
Honestly I have to agree. Waste was insane when I saw them. I staged dived was grabbed back onto stage then thrown off onto the floor. People were walking away bleeding from the face everywhere.

BUT it only got weirder...

On the train ride home we meet up with some fellow wasters (we were all quite wasted) who were having a good time so we decided to join in. Well turns out they had a friend with a weak stomach and gagging made him puke... so he vomited at least 5 times all over the train car. We decided to leave the vomit area and moved to the next car down sitting next to the divider between cars. Suddenly the sliding door opened and a dude dumped a salad box full of vomit on a kid... who inturn vomited. I ran away gagging and we chilled with a chick who loved to show us her ass.

Anyhow we are about to get off the train to transfer to a bus when i hear a crackling noise and see people running. OMFG THE TRIAN IS ON FIRE!!! Apprently someone threw flaming paper into the garbage can which is plastic molded into the inside of the train car causing a pretty big fire (about a meter above the top of the garbage can!) which was melting the wall of the train car. We decided to get the fuck out of there and got on the waiting bus, only to be joined by our fellow wasters once again.

This time the emergancy windows were opened 90 degrees to the side of the bus (like fucking wings) as we flew down the highway.

All in all, waste shows are quite crazy.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Municipal Waste were awesome live. They had a contest to see who could crowd surf to the front the fastest and then whoever won had to do this giant beer bong and then they went into "Beer Pressure"

Truly awesome

metulkult

rapping metal head
Reaction score
when i saw in flames live in vancouver just recently, there was a dude taking pictures in the front row of the crowd, anders then took his camera away, and started taking pictures of anything and everything in the middle of come clarity

don't really remember it happening, as i was extremely burnt out and only came to see between the buried and me (hahah) but nevertheless, it was still awesome.

alexmurphy

Banned
Reaction score

ahh, dillinger has always been a crazy live band

As for me, i saw a local band play a year back, and after the show, the rhythm guitarist and bassist slapped their instruments together and threw the remnants out in the crowd. it would have been much cooler if it was a band that was A) good at playing live shows B) not punk rock. would have been much cooler at a metal show

this is pretty intense, He did the whole set like that and I think he had the world record at the time...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
The chariot are the best live band ive seen and you have to see it once.Its a 30minutes mixup of their songs and they just go insane,
the bass player spat in the air, caught it back and swallowed it,
the singer threw his bass over to him,
the guitar player just jumped in the crowd and was playing in a fetus position right on the floor for like 2minutes.
they took the whole drum and threw it over the crowd while hitting the drums.

...theyre just mental..

I was at the show they show in the beginning. It was Bushnell Illinios at the stupid christian cornerstone festival. There were so many people there that they did the human wave bs :mad:, so I just left. After the show, my friends were telling me that they almost burned down the tent with the pyro, as you can see at the vids start. Wish I would've stayed.

Necky379

Reaction score
NY band called nassau chainsaw, they grinded shovels against chainsaws, had people shamming hooks through their bodies, suspensiot, and a midget witha baseball bad

...subpar rap-metal.

dude i cannot believe you beat me to this!!! i saw them at toad's place in new haven, ct. they had the midget swinging into the crowd on hooks and all that other shit. i brought two drunk friends with me that had never been to a metal show. they couldn't believe what they were seeing (to be honest i was blown away myself). at this show the midget had a big ass mallet and was smashing shit during the other band's sets. i want to see them again just for the stage show.

they've got some of the stage show in their video but it really doesnt do it any justice whatsoever:

there's some more videos on youtube for them too

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
If they were a death metal band, that would be sweet, but the music killed the novelty.

Necky379

Reaction score
If they were a death metal band, that would be sweet, but the music killed the novelty.

admittedly i dont hate it. they played a lot of covers when i saw them. either way, one of the craziest shows ive been too. although, if they were a death metal band, like you said, there would have been a pit to add to the craziness.

omgmjgg

WTFCAKES
Reaction score
my friends band kissyface fashion faux pas, they wreck shit.

Not as good as when I saw them though.

stryker1800

Sweet Pickle
Reaction score
the craziest thing i've seen was yngwie ripping the strings off one of his guitars because the sound guy pissed him off, oh and daath chugging bottles of jager at ozzfest.

Latest posts

')