Coolest/craziest thing you have seen a band do during a show

• Thread starter Selloutz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DanielKRego

Reaction score
At a national 'Battle Of The Bands' style competition that my band was invited to judge, one of the competing bands had this bizarre on stage ritual sequence, where the bass player would occasionally kneel at the frontman's (guitar/vocals) feet and lean backwards, while the frontman would point the headstock of his guitar into the bass player's crotch and make this thrusting motion with it, causing the bassist to convulse in mock orgasm. We were rolling off our judges seats laughing.

The band's music, by the way, was this thoroughly entertaining blend of punk rock and a lighter form thrash metal, with the frontman punctuating every several words of the lyrics with 'f*ck!', seemingly at random.

bluffalo

Reaction score
saw parkway drive (not really a fan tbh... just went with freinds and they are somewhat local)

people climbing up onto the pa speakers and jumping off, backflips etc. (quite high mind you)

then someone just happens to have a bodyboard handy starts doing flips and jumps etc off the speakers onto the crowd.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
well, it's got to be the band SHAT which had the craziest live show set up ever.

(saw them supporting DEP, I laughed so hard the entire set. The shat singer (Jeff Wood, a genius imo :) ) used to be DEPs bass player)

omgmjgg

WTFCAKES
Reaction score
When dillinger came to nashville, greg climbed up into the rafters and was swinging upside down doing vocals =|. That man is mental sometimes

Espaul

Reaction score
68 ft. stage dive :ugh:

This is probably the most moronic thing I've ever seen (if the purpose for this was to be cool).. no pretty moronic either way! Even if the dude was trying to kill himself, please do it without the possibility of killing other too.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
This is probably the most moronic thing I've ever seen (if the purpose for this was to be cool).. no pretty moronic either way! Even if the dude was trying to kill himself, please do it without the possibility of killing other too.

:agreed:
From the sounds of it, even the band was encouraging him :nuts:. If he went splat, HUGE lawsuit.

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
i saw a band open for animals as leaders, can't remember the name, but at the end of their set they pulled out a leafblower-toilet paper shooting machine and it was AWESOME.
Dude. I was at that show. DEP, Darkest Hour, Iwrestledabearonce, Animals, and the band you're thinking of was Wilson. At the Eagle Theater in Pontiac. Shame you didn't stay for DEP though... :squint:

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I was at the show they show in the beginning. It was Bushnell Illinios at the stupid christian cornerstone festival.
I'm not big into Christian bands, but I'm from Illinois, and I went to highschool with the former guitarist of Searching For Security who played there in 2009. Did you happen to see their set?

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
Black dahlia murder had a dude in a ape suit and a dude in a banana suit running around on stage

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I'm not big into Christian bands, but I'm from Illinois, and I went to highschool with the former guitarist of Searching For Security who played there in 2009. Did you happen to see their set?

Too many breakdowns were being played and I was too drunk to remember. Doesn't sound familiar.

Vicissitude27

Reaction score
Not a metal band by any means, but The Flaming Lips pull off some crazy stuff live.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Shameless plug, but I'm gonna say both my singers
(old clips)

I'm not aware about 3/4 of the stuff they do on stage until I see the video the day after.

')