Copic Markers on Fishman Fluence pickups?

EvanAxel

Reaction score
Hello all! I am an artist who wants to get into guitars and guitar modding. After hearing what the Fishman Fluence Abasi signatures can do, I was hooked. Ive been planning on getting a set of white pickups for my guitar for a personal modding project. However, I have an idea to draw a simple graphic on them via copic markers.

Copic markers are alcohol based markers, which makes blending easy, and works well with paper, but Im not sure how it would react with the surfaces of the pickups. Will it mess with the sound in anyway? Are there other materials I could use that wouldn’t damage the pickups?

Thank you for your time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
If you're definitely going to buy the pickups, you could always test the markers in an area that no one will ever see, like around the bottom edge. I doubt alcohol-based markers would do anything to affect the sound- whether they'll 'bond' and be durable is probably the bigger concern.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen mods on here where people made soapbar covers for uncovered pups, and if a thin piece of plastic/wood doesn't affect the sound then you have nothing to worry about with alcohol-based paint or ink. Chances are good that it will rub off, though, especially if it's a glossy surface, or on any exposed poles or metal pieces.

EvanAxel

Reaction score
I've seen mods on here where people made soapbar covers for uncovered pups, and if a thin piece of plastic/wood doesn't affect the sound then you have nothing to worry about with alcohol-based paint or ink. Chances are good that it will rub off, though, especially if it's a glossy surface, or on any exposed poles or metal pieces.
what would you recommend for something that would stay on and not change the sound?