Cort EVL-K47B

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've just bought a Cort EVL-K47B. It's in standard tuning as my labella custom set hasn't arrived yet. So I just recorded two short samples to give you an idea of how it sounds like. It has a pair of EMG-HZ7 pickups, which BTW I'm going to replace with the Petrucci set from DiMarzio anytime soon, so don't expect much from 'em. I know it's not the best production ever nor am I a great guitar player. I'm aware of that.

I recorded through a GT-6 connected to a cheap Chinese interface using GarageBand. Nothing fancy at all.

EVL-K47B by BerserkerArsonist on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
EVL-K47b GT-6 by BerserkerArsonist on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Enjoy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moltar

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty cool. All the tones were very solid and best of all, fitting.

It's silly though how if this said 'Ibanez' or 'ESP', there would be tons of responses. But because it says Cort, which I believe makes many LTD models... no one seems to take interest in what seems to be very nice guitar.

mikebled

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty cool. All the tones were very solid and best of all, fitting.

It's silly though how if this said 'Ibanez' or 'ESP', there would be tons of responses. But because it says Cort, which I believe makes many LTD models... no one seems to take interest in what seems to be very nice guitar.

Exactly! Thank you for bringing that up, mate.:yesway:

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
anything Cort is instantly despised by metal players, whatever the reason is. I think it's because they're cheap, mostly oriented towards rock players, and because they try to gain attention from metal players. Probably that's why they get labeled as a "wannabe metal" brand.

And Cort indeed builds LTDs, and AFAIK they might even build some Schecters (I know for a fact that LTDs are built by Cort, and I've heard Schecters are built in the same factories as LTDs, the world is small).

I don't look at Cort because I want higher-end guitars but for the money you get something solid enough. Also as we said, metal players kinda spit on Cort but don't let others dictate what you should or should not buy. Fuck the people who try to influence you and just play an instrument that you like. nuff said.

edonmelon

Not a melon
Reaction score
^What he said.

I had a Cort X11 with stock EMG-HZs and it was f*cking badass.

Also, cool clips dude!

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
I'm interested, but I want to see pictures since my headphones aren't working right now and my buddy's asleep haha. Will check 'em out later!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I like Cort, but hate they the only 7-string they have is pretty much a Damien 7, save for the inlays, scale length, and 2 frets.

EVL-K47B.jpg

bigDamien7.jpg

And I'm not hating on them and calling it a clone, since Cort most likely builds the Damien 7, but I'm not that huge of a fan of the Damiens. Plus, I dislike HZ pickups greatly. :squint:

With that said, I like several Cort guitars, such as the M seires and Matthias Jabs sigs. :yum:

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
My issue with Cort is that their only 7 string offerring is extended scale which is awesome and makes it desirable to me, and also it appears the pic put up has 24 frets but I'm fairly certain their 7 string used to 22 :? problem though it's got HZs in it you're now forced to live with oversized routes if you go passive which is fucking dumb, really wish that production brands would stop assuming all 7 string players want actives...

All in all great value for money but just a few nagging spec issues to me, also why all the pentagrams? do they assume only 13 year olds play their guitars or something?

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
Ive got a Cort KX1Q and love it.. for $650 NZ it was a great buy

Old music teacher of mine reckoned the Cort custom bass shop was running out of some fender factory in asia/indonesia or something??

Azathoth43

ל ו ו י י ת ן
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they make some of the cheaper Ibanez guitars. That's what the "C" in the serial number stands for.

Reaction score
Thanks y'all for your answers. I already got the heavy custom set from labella so I can tune it F# B E A D F# B just after my blackouts set arrive. I don't think I'll be able to post any soundclips anytime soon since my macbook had a little accident...

')