Cort Guitars Unveils 20th Anniversary Artisan Bass Series

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Cort Guitars Unveils 20th Anniversary Artisan Bass Series

Cort Guitars Unveils 20th Anniversary Artisan Bass Series | Music News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Artisan%20A%2020TH.jpeg

B4%2020TH(BEX).jpg

B4%2020TH(NEK).jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems identical to the standard Artisan models with a couple minor aesthetic touches (birdseye instead of flame, a different finish, etc.).

Those are some solid basses though, so I'm sure these will be the same or better. :agreed:

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
Cort basses are super under-rated. They were my main basses for many years. These look great, too.

CD1221

Reaction score
Looking at the control layout... Appears identical to some Ibanez BTB's.... Aren't they made in the same factory? Very nice looking instruments.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Looking at the control layout... Appears identical to some Ibanez BTB's.... Aren't they made in the same factory? Very nice looking instruments.

Looks like both use Bartolini MK-1 electronics.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

At one point, yes. Though the Artisan line is still at Cort Korea and Ibanez contracts out Cort Indonesia for bass production.

7stg

Reaction score
Nice. My Conklin GTBD-7 came in a Cort box, they are made under licence by Westheimer Corporation and Cort is one of their subsidiaries. It is definitely top quality.