Could you help me with this fender serial number?

• Thread starter Blazerok
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blazerok

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I searched quite a lot about this one, but found no answer. If this is not on the appropriate section please move it. Thank you!

So i have been offered a fender USA stratocaster SSS in a trade (for a indonesian made sterling JP50) and it didn't have any model name.
The serial number is us10121202. According to this:U.S. Instruments the serial number doesn't match anything. looks kinda weird to me...
Oh it also has a large headstock, like the highway one, with no indications about models or anything. It also supposedly has upgraded tuners and blade runner bridge and a natural finish.
I'm asking myself if it could be a fake or something.
I hope someone can help me ou with this one, as i am really not sure!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
In the seventies, i.e. when the big headstock came about, the serial numbers were non-sequential, they literally just had a bucket of neck plates and they took whichever one was on top meaning there's about an 8 or 9 year (sometimes more) range for any number in that period.
I actually think it's a 2010 highway one or special. We need pics, or at least info on the finish, shape of the neckplate, where the serial number is...

Best just get some pics.

Blazerok

Reaction score
The serial number i told you was the one on the headstock, i don't know what is the one on the neckplate
Anyway, here are pics.

Attachments

• 296643h_20.jpeg
    296643h_20.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 3034m1_20.jpeg
    3034m1_20.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 32

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually think it's a 2010 highway one or special. We need pics, or at least info on the finish, shape of the neckplate, where the serial number is...

Best just get some pics.

Definitely not either of those, the 2010 models both have six point trems and that's a 2 point.

The serial number matches a 2010 USA guitar (Fender's website doesn't have them listed, but there are tons of them being parted out on ebay). I'm going to guess it's a 2010 American Special neck on a partscaster body :2c:

Blazerok

Reaction score
Definitely not either of those, the 2010 models both have six point trems and that's a 2 point.

The serial number matches a 2010 USA guitar (Fender's website doesn't have them listed, but there are tons of them being parted out on ebay). I'm going to guess it's a 2010 American Special neck on a partscaster body :2c:

Actually the bridge has been changed for a blade runner, wich looks like a replacement for the fender 6 points.
Aside from the bridge and locking tuners, would you think this guitar would be any different from a fender model?

Thank you all for your help

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still looks like a replacement body from the finish, but it's definitely a USA Fender neck so it should be fine :2c:

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I'm going to guess it's a 2010 American Special neck on a partscaster body :2c:

:agreed: I'm planning on doing the same thing to a body I just acquired.

Are they jumbo frets (American specials have rounded fretboard edges with Jumbo frets and the CBS style headstock)? You could also pull off the pickguard and take a look at the electronics (US parts will have a CRL switch and CTS pots stock). The body cavity will also have an inspection sticker if its US.

Either way, seems like a solid trade to me.

')