Craigslist ad that caught my eye...

• Thread starter engage757
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
^ With good reason..

There are so many bad ads on craigslist. Sometimes they cross the line into so bad they're good. Notice the "will borrow a lot of techniques from djent" and "6 or more string guitar" cause we definitely don't want any 5 stringers in this annihilating deathcore ensemble. Anyone remember DJ Chrispy? Yeah.

Oh and; " the amount of fun you'll have will be totally worth it." I bet. Can't wait to sit and tab out an album's worth of:

B -----------------------------------------------------------------
F#----------------------------------------------------------------
D -----------------------------------------------------------------
A -----------------------------------------------------------------
E -0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0---3---------0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0---5--
A -0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0---3---------0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0---5--

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Someone should send him a Periphery or After The Burial breakdown transposed to A just so that he uses it and gets his ass sued for being a fucking dick.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Why were they playing in a sandbox, in a park, with tiny little children crawling all over the place? Not to mention him and his bandmates were severely off beat, almost the entire time.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
"Hey guise, please work really hard on writing and producing stuff so that I can steal it from you and take full credit, k?"

dolan-duck-gooby-pls-6689_preview_thumb.jpg

trianglebutt

trianglebutt
Reaction score
I'm both 17 and a drummer, and I can vouch for the fact that 99% of other musicians my age that are even slightly above average have the same exact attitude as Tucker. They're just good enough to put them above most other kids they meet, which leads them to believe they are god himself. Until, of course, they meet the few kids who can kick their asses. They shut up pretty quick usually.

Captain_Awesome

Cloudwalker
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I kind of like his attitude and I'd enjoy working with someone who has that motivation (especially if they're awesome) it's just a shame he's as mediocre as he is.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that 3 of his song titles (...And Push it Somewhere Else, The Ugly Barnacle, FINLAND!) are Patrick Star quotes?

Patrick_Star.gif

I'm expecting "Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo" in the near future.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
The kid might benefit from working with musicians that are better than him for sure. Even if the musicians are non drummers. Having to interact with other instruments is always going to push you to some extent.

The only issue I have with him is that he seems to want other ppl to write songs for him so that he can show off how good HE is... And that's just weird to me.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
The only issue I have with him is that he seems to want other ppl to write songs for him so that he can show off how good HE is... And that's just weird to me.

Honestly, this is fine... as long as you pay those musicians to do so.

I really don't have too much of a problem with his ad other than the fact that such a one-sided arrangement should include some type of monetary payment for the other side.

The kid might benefit from working with musicians that are better than him for sure. Even if the musicians are non drummers. Having to interact with other instruments is always going to push you to some extent.

Totally agree. Based on the videos I saw, he's not exactly surrounded by great musicians that inspire and challenge him. That's probably why he's developed this attitude.

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but if I write, tab and arrange the music I'm the fucking leader of the band. :lol:
"Once we have something close to an album's worth of material, then your work is done. You can stay for the recording process, or pack your bags and go home. It's up to you."

Meanwhile I will claim to have wrote everything on the album and give you no credit whatsoever.
That's what's hilarious about this. :lol: I can understand strict guidelines while looking for bandmates but he's basically asking for a guitarist to do all the work for free...
Lose the ego, dude. Start a band and play with some dudes who challenge you as a drummer so you improve. Learn to write songs. Having someone else do it for free and then claiming it's "your project" is bullshit. :2c:

6o66er

Awful Jack-ass
Reaction score
Actually had to go listen to someone else's Soundcloud tracks to make sure my speakers didn't go to hell on me. WOW. :noplease:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')