Crappy mockup: inlays vs no inlays

• Thread starter ballstix
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you used to playing without inlays? I made a custom without inlays (except for one on the 12th fret) and while it's not a problem most of the time it does mindfuck me a bit when I'm playing high up on the neck.

ballstix

Reaction score
I'm used to playing classical guitar with no inlays. I screw myself up a fair amount, so I taped some "side dots" onto it >_>. Now it isn't a problem, but then again I don't play up very high on it since it doesn't have a cutaway. My main electric does have inlays and they probably help a little bit, but I should be okay without them. Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys! Should have an exciting NGD within a month or two :).

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
No inlays,cause you can put on whatever stickers you can ..that's what i do..and if you get bored you change them

Skanky

Reaction score
yeah no-inlays.

I love it when non-guitarists look at my guitar and say "how the fuck do you play that thing???" lol.

')