Creinium - To battle against bands that sound just like the next one

Experimorph

Reaction score
Yo, peeps! First of all, I'm really unsure where to post this thread as it's about my own band but I figured it should fit the general music category. No offense taken if a moderator disagrees!

I play bass in progressive metal outfit Creinium but I've avoided making a fuzz about it till this very day. We released an EP comprising of remixed (by yours truly) old demo songs last year and the record garnered a lot of praise; however, I was never happy with the production, which was certainly lacking both due to the recorded audio and my then less valid know-how, and the music itself was somewhat more akin to Creinium's founders' former group - not really what this band is about today. Long story short I wasn't too eager to promote the old material.

During the aftermath of our first EP's release this Finnish label, Inverse Records, took interest in us and contacted us with a deal in mind: they would release our second recording worldwide and we would produce the whole set while also maintaining all of the rights to our music - that's it in a nutshell, of course, I won't go into detail about the legal stuff. This model for distributing the master recording suited us like a fist in the face. Our contacts at Inverse have been amazing to deal with as well.

We started recording our second EP around the time the first one was released so the offering came at exactly the right time. Fast forward and we put the cherry on top of the cake in January this year. This time around I was in charge of recording, editing, mixing and mastering, even co-producing all of the material. That's actually another reason I've kept very silent about it, especially on sevenstring.org; I didn't want to release any samples before we are all happy with the final product. That said, it's been nearly four months since I finished working on the audio, in which time I've learned hell of a lot, so while I'm satisfied with the production I know deep inside I would do better should we start now. But that's how you learn!

That's a long introduction to this mere news: our second EP, Project Utopia, will be released on the 16th of April and Finnish metal media Kaaoszine.fi has the EP streaming for pre-release listening for these two weeks. I really don't know bands to compare us to but I am convinced many of you progressive metal fans will find a lot to relate to in our music! The songs draw huge influence from a range of music, notably metal genres such as death, black, doom and melodic/symphonic. That really doesn't say much about the whole picture, though. Stream it to find out whether it's your cup of tea!

Still TL;DR: Creinium's second EP is streaming, go check it out!

Ennakkokuuntelu: Creinium – Project Utopia (EP)

Here's our website for the basics: Creinium - News

If you have any questions about the music, production... anything really, feel free! I'll give it best I can.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Experimorph

Reaction score
Going to give this one more push. The EP was released yesterday and you can find it on Spotify! But the real reason I'm bringing this thread back from the dead is we also released our debut music video. It could be better but for a zero dollar budget it's viable, methinks!

Tell me what you guys think!

the fuhrer

Reaction score
Gotta admit, I was pretty skeptical when I first clicked on the video. The song was actually pretty bad ass! You guys have your own thing going on for sure. The song had a lot of memorable parts, I really like the parts around the 1:10 and 3:30 marks. Wasn't really feeling the little keyboard part around 2:40. It started off cool but should have faded away I think. Anyways, good song and not a bad video either. Gonna check you out on spotify when I get some time.

Experimorph

Reaction score
Gotta admit, I was pretty skeptical when I first clicked on the video. The song was actually pretty bad ass! You guys have your own thing going on for sure. The song had a lot of memorable parts, I really like the parts around the 1:10 and 3:30 marks. Wasn't really feeling the little keyboard part around 2:40. It started off cool but should have faded away I think. Anyways, good song and not a bad video either. Gonna check you out on spotify when I get some time.

Thanks, man! I can't blame you, new bands come and go like flies and most of them aren't up to the hype. I agree we really do have our very own sound but we just haven't found the right audience yet. One can dream.

Check out the whole EP if you're the slightest bit into it! It's somewhat a conceptual record, so I really recommend listening to the whole set if you've got the will and time. Anyway, huge thanks for your input and kind words!

Latest posts

')