Critical Cabs - "The Messiah" Impulse

• Thread starter FearComplex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I tried out the Messiah, and it sounds huge, but a little dense. I'm not sure how to describe it (talking about sound, I know), but it doesn't seem to have as much 'air' / transparency as I'd like. The low end is really full, too, almost too much, depending on the incoming tone. I like the fundamental tone, though, it just took more sculpting to get it where I wanted than some of my other IRs.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together and sharing it!

FearComplex

Reaction score
Hi TMM. The big low end is what users are liking most about it but there's so much low end that if you need more air you can safely boost the top end with an eq and it won't thin out. In my experience it's better to boost the top end of an impulse that has strong real lows than to pump non existent low end into a weak impulse that has a lot of presence. Thanks for your purchase and thoughts!

FearComplex

Reaction score
Featured user track "No Man's Land" by Sami Anttila...

Sami used the TSE X30 amp sim with only a low pass filter at 10khz for EQ.

JuggernautCorp

Juggernaut
Reaction score
Hey FearComplex!

A couple of weeks ago, you offered some deal. The point of this deal was that anyone who buys or already bought the Messiah IR would get a free mixing tutorial video along with the product as a gift. Is that sale still available or was it just a limited time offer?

FearComplex

Reaction score
New dual mic'd impulse appropriately titled MESSIAH #2 now added at no additional cost and free update for existing users (check your emails). #2 is a bit more scooped in the upper mids and as a result doesn't eat in to the center of your mix, kicks & snares are free to hit hard. Clip below with Revalver's Dual Recto.

FearComplex

Reaction score
Free update time again folks.

Messiah #3 impulse is a Celestion g12k-100 in the same Mesa 4x12 that houses Messiah #1 & Messiah #2.
This speaker was pulled from a Marshall MF400 cab where it sounded great, but it sounds amazing in the Mesa. The impulse has a very thick smooth mid-range but with no 'honk'. A lot of times when you want a mid-heavy tone you're battling the 'honk' in the mix but the k100 speaker is excellent at staying honk-free while maintaining rich, detailed mids.

Messiah Kick is 4 hard-hits samples of a Yamaha Oak Custom 22"x17" kick drum mic'd with an Audix D6 and pre-eq'd. This kick possesses content in all the right areas, good solid low end, punchy mids and a nice 'slappy' top end.

Everyone should have their updates by the end of the day.
Enjoy!
Neil.

FearComplex

Reaction score
Messiah #4 now added to the pack. This impulse is a 70s Celestion Greenback in the Mesa cab. Existing users should get it emailed by the end of the day.

Frozmoh

Reaction score
i bought the Messiah online on critical cabs . How do i get the IR's?

Purelojik

Reaction score
I bought these after hearing the demo so i can use them with my AMT Pangaea CP100 but im not sure what bitrate and resolution these are. The AMT takes 24 bit 48khz but these sadly wont work with it. Are there alternate samplerates or types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')