Critique my new bands recording please

• Thread starter Thanatopsis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
sounds like you have the mids way scooped on the amp? or you eqed them out post? need those mids to keep the guitar from sounding muddy. drums/hat super loud.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
I dont think the guitar tone is too unreasonable, reminds me of the Metallica - AJFA tone, but the drums are overpowering as has been mentioned. Also too much room sound for metal, IMO. I'd put a highpass/bigger highpass on the guitars and let the bass come through a little more, that should clear up some mud.

Not a bad start, :)

EDIT: on 'track 02' The bass is too loud this time, and the guitars are way too low, Pretty sure the bassist is out of tune too.

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. It was a multitrack recording with one at a time done. Nothing was really done yet though after recording everything, what you hear is as recorded. The issues with guitar tone are partially the amp, it's a Marshall MG. It's going to be redone with something decent in the near future. The rest of the signal chain is good quality though, from the cab, it's a 421 into an API 512c into a Delta 1010; bass was DI into the 512c.

')