Crowbar

• Thread starter ridner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
Definitely a band that is up there in my top favorites! Just love everything about them! When everyone was playing as fast as they possibly could - they did the exact opposite - tuned down to B and got sludgey! Their style does "it" for me like few others can - the riffs, the vibe - it all works so well. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to become friends w/ past and present members too - which is awesome considering I have been a fan for years before the friendship was there. Anyone else a fan?

Here are some clips for those who are not aware:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobPhoboS

Reaction score
Amazing band - in all the years I've listened to them, I've not caught them live yet - hopefully they'll visit the UK this year !

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
My GF is currently wearing a Crowbar hoodie.

Best GF or BEST GF?!

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
Amazing band - in all the years I've listened to them, I've not caught them live yet - hopefully they'll visit the UK this year !

They CRUSH live man - hopefully you can catch em sometime!

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
They CRUSH live man - hopefully you can catch em sometime!

This. I have seen them a few times now, and Kirk got better and better live. He had a bad time a few years ago, and one could hear that...

But he is back in form again, and the last 2 gigs I've seen them, were so amazingly good...man, I hope they come back soon.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Kirks mic is hooked up to a Triple Rectifier. Back in high school, where a majority of my listening was blitering Thrash, Crowbar was always there in my CD case, from the moment I first saw the video for "All I Had (I Gave)" and heard "Planets Collide" (My fucking JAM!), there was the s/t, Broken Glass, Odd Fellows Rest, all heavier than a sumo wrestling and just filled with sludgy riffs, occasionally with a well timed thrash/punk riff...

I need to go back into my Crowbar collection now. Thanks for the thread :wavey:

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Fucking LOVE Crowbar!
Awesomeness personified......

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
Their cover of No Quarter is badass. Also the tone on their 1993 record is not to be believed. That shit is SO thick and monstrous and UGLY. Love it. :hbang:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Also the tone on their 1993 record is not to be believed. That shit is SO thick and monstrous and UGLY. Love it. :hbang:

Fuckin YES.

This record is actually what made me downtune for the first time.

EDIT: Also - Crowbar is the band with the manliest lyrics EVER.
As if "The Lasting Dose" wasn't already one of the heaviest and at the same time most emotional songs EVER written, there are these over-the-top manliest of manly men lyrics on top of it...

I FEEL THE PAIN OF A LASTING WAR!

DXL

Reaction score
i saw Kingdom of Sorrow two years ago live, any cred for that? :D

Shask

Reaction score
:metal:

I think the first time I ever heard them was back on the original Beavis and Butthead cartoons...

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Just awesome, such an honest band, so much heart. And hearing Planets Collide live is one of the greatest experiences in metal.

pattonfreak1

Bored Member
Reaction score
The only band that I have bought/own EVERY album of. Seen them so many times its silly... Actually it's mandatory to see them every time they come through.
Even met Kirk a few times. He's the nicest guy.
150775_3726706925914_1976843098_n.jpg

318626_2149226138424_1604388408_n.jpg

xethicx

Banned
Reaction score
LOVE Crowbar, dislike Down. A lot of my friends love Down and arent into Crowbar. Down bores me to near tears whereas Crowbar has balls the size of a football stadium. Good call to the OP

')