Crucial! Feedback and your opinion needed!

• Thread starter Lost of All Reason
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lost of All Reason

I lyka to pleh
Reaction score
I'm finally, after years of developing this release :wallbash: , getting ready to do all the final tracking for my solo project and I need feedback right now more than ever! :wavey: ANY and all commentary on the material would be so incredibly helpful to me right now - what works, what doesn't, what should change, what should stay the same.. really guys anything that might be of help to me going into re-tracking these songs for the final release would help tremendously and I would be most grateful! :bowdown: Thanks guys!

:shred: Lost of All Reason Soundcloud :hbang:

(Progressive Metal content. death/blackmetal-inspired -- NOT Djent or any form of chugga-groove crap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
As far as sound goes, it sounds really thin, way too much treble and not enough mids/bass, in both the guitars and the drums.

Lost of All Reason

I lyka to pleh
Reaction score
good ok i'll keep that in mind after tracking. Every song posted took a different approach and the sound has been evolving over time. Some of the cuts posted have minimal processing to the mix, while others have disgusting master bus chains as a result of testing. I'm gonna have a friend master the album for me in the end for a fresh set of ears but being a one man op I'll obviously have my hands all over the mix process. Some tracks are more balanced than others - some of the older ones actually being the more balanced thanks to not being subject to butchering master bus testing :p

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
Yeah, fill it out with some more bass. If you want, keep the guitar tone trebly and go for a vildhjarta tone :)

edit: Selfish Righteous sounds good, go back to that tone lol

zxdbxz

Reaction score
It sounds really good except the tone definitely needs more bass. Is there a bass in the track or is it just guitar? The song structure seems really good. I really like the newest clip posted. It sounds like there is a little timing error in the very beginning though. Other than that I like it a lot :)

Lost of All Reason

I lyka to pleh
Reaction score
Selfish Righteous is the only track that actually has a complete bass track. I was basically gonna wait until I do the final guitar takes to do bass for everything else. The Soft Edge also has a full bass track too I think.. but its a distorted bass tone on that track alone by choice.

Selfish Righteous is probably the track closest to what I'm planning on aiming for in the end. At least along those lines for now mix-wise...

Lost of All Reason

I lyka to pleh
Reaction score
Ok so I uploaded a new mix of one of my songs "The Initiated" I'm wondering what you guys think of the that mix vs the Selfish Righteous mix

rgaRyan

Ermahgerd!
Reaction score
Ok so I uploaded a new mix of one of my songs "The Initiated" I'm wondering what you guys think of the that mix vs the Selfish Righteous mix
I like it a bit better than Selfish Righteous.

But the snare is wayyy too loud in the new clip. Tone 'er down a tad so it sits a bit better with the song, it's a bit too overpowering.

Lost of All Reason

I lyka to pleh
Reaction score
ok right on thanks Ryan I'll try that. Selfish Righteous feels a bit flat or overcompressed to me in comparison as I compare the two right now..

')