Crunchlab/liquifire Setup help!

• Thread starter Nick Lang
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Lang

Reaction score
Im looking for assistance in putting in my new set of CL/LF into my RGD7321. I've messed around with pickups before but never had to deal with all those small wires is there anyone on here that can help me out ? I already looked into getting a local tech to do it just in case i couldnt hack it but he was charging $50 and i didnt know if i was getting a good deal or not . Would gladly appreciate help on both subjects . Thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captastic

Reaction score
There are tons of youtube videos on how to solder PuPs and 3-ways....plus lotsa advice on Seymour duncan forum...

mountainjam

Reaction score
+ there are dimarzio ibanez specific wiring diagrams posted in this forum

Nick Lang

Reaction score
thank you for the assistance thus far! So with the wiring diagrams that are stickied above my topic are the colors that are represented on there going to be the same that are in my RGD7321 and my CL/LF pickups? If not would anyone be able to supply me with a wiring diagram of the rgd7321 and the CL/LF pickups so that i would know where to solder the wires to?

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
thank you for the assistance thus far! So with the wiring diagrams that are stickied above my topic are the colors that are represented on there going to be the same that are in my RGD7321 and my CL/LF pickups? If not would anyone be able to supply me with a wiring diagram of the rgd7321 and the CL/LF pickups so that i would know where to solder the wires to?

From what I see on the Ibanez website, it'll be wired the same as the RG7620 that has Dimarzio pickups stock. Just use that diagram and your in like flint!

emperor_black

Reaction score
What sort of help do you really want? Are you stuck somewhere or don't even know how to proceed?

I recently did some re-wiring and can help. Dead Undead is correct. The red from the pups go to the 3 way switch. One wire from the switch goes to the top of the vol pot. If your guitar already had everything and you're just replacing the pups, disconnect only the ground (the green and bare) from the back of the volume pot and the hot (which could be black) from the switch. Make note where they were connected to.

I'd assume you're doing some basic 2 humbucker switching and not looking for coil-tap, etc. In that case, solder the green and bare of the dimarzio's together and tape them off. Connect both pairs to the back of the volume pot. This is your ground.

the black and white should be taped off since you're not going for coil tapping. That leaves only the red wires from the pups. connect them to the same place where the old pups were connected. That's it.

Reaction score
If it's wiring diagrams you're looking for then here:

I posted this a while ago after installing the set myself, this is for a 5 way switch

rg1527dimarzio.gif

it's exactly the same as the rg7620 wiring diagram, which is this one,

W97051.gif

If you're looking for help on how to install, youtube. :yesway:

MaxStatic

Reaction score
I've used that top diagram on several installs. Works like a champ.

Latest posts

')