CS Jackson 8 String @ NAMM

• Thread starter Altair4
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
The headstock doesn't look so bad in those pictures^, but I agree the sls 3x3 hs would have looked pretty sexy.

Honestly I kinda like the headstock now that I see if attached to the body. It's crazy but in an interesting way in my opinion.

Loving the neckthrough.

I also agree about the headstock using the SLS 3X3 (or in this case, the 4X4...). But after seeing the guitar in a "playing" position, it actually does look a little bit better.

These.

I also really like that finish, but then again I love red.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

powergroover

monster death chunk
Reaction score
IMO headstock should be 4x4, and black hardware would look better
other than that

:hbang::hbang::shred::shred::hbang::hbang:

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
If they made the logo a little larger or moved it more centrally to the headstock, I think it would've disguised the size a little better. Having seen the whole thing though in those pictures it does look better as a whole.

Jinogalpa

ESP fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
196e79dc.jpg

at first i saw some mirrors but with a second view it is a new body shape :hbang:

looks like an rgd

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know what scale this is? Looks like 25.5" judging by the distance between the pickups... :scratch:

ra1der2

Reaction score
Glad to see Jackson enter the 8 string realm. Looks like a standard scale to me as well

OwainXerath

Player of Notes
Reaction score
Looks like I'm one of the only ones who loves the headstock. It's a Jackson! It wouldn't be quintessentially Jackson if it was 4x4. The new Chris Broderick was only let down by the 3x3 headstock.

That's like saying "I like the new Les Paul, but it'd better even better with a Strat body"

C'mon people, did you really expect Jackson to come up with an 8 string that looks like a Schecter, or a Jackson?

Bjorn

Reaction score
I'm going to agree with everyone else. GET AN SLS HEADSTOCK ON THAT BEAST! The SLAT-7 even seems to be too much with their inline headstock.
In any case, I love Jackson guitars. IMO their 6 strings are the most comfortable to play.

Also,
Jackson 8 string
SLS 4x4 headstock
Ebony or Rosewood FB
(Don't care about binding)
27" scale
Typical Jackson Compound radius board
Neck-through
Dual pickups (insert non-emg pickups here)
Matte black finish
Alder body
/Killer production model 8-string. I would definitely buy

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like I'm one of the only ones who loves the headstock. It's a Jackson! It wouldn't be quintessentially Jackson if it was 4x4. The new Chris Broderick was only let down by the 3x3 headstock.

That's like saying "I like the new Les Paul, but it'd better even better with a Strat body"

C'mon people, did you really expect Jackson to come up with an 8 string that looks like a Schecter, or a Jackson?

I'm sorry, but the headstock on the Broderick was just awesome.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
EMG-X, that's a change from regular ones. I bet it would look sick with blackouts as well.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I feel like it should really have two truss rods, but it looks neat otherwise.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I really like that elbow contour. Looks like an exaggerated copy of the ......... arm cutout.

EDIT: LMAO!!!!! I thought people were doing that on their own! So thats what happens when you mention He Who Must Not Be Named.

Reaction score
For $5000 it better play better than any schecter. That is why I prefaced the comment with "Low End" schecter. But for $5000 I would get a custom made ERG better than anything Jackson could even imagine. All I am saying is if it is a low end 8 schecter is best in my opinion. If it is high end why go Jackson when the option are so much better at that price.

You've clearly never been within a mile of a custom Jackson. They are seriously some of the best instruments money can buy.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
You've clearly never been within a mile of a custom Jackson. They are seriously some of the best instruments money can buy.

I've played custom jacksons... lefties to be exact:eek: they're quality is incomparable to ANY guitar that is in the same price range. Same thing with their USA & Pro series models, the quality is there. They sound fucking awesome also:cool:

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
I think why the truss rod is off center is cause it may have a truss rod that is adjustable from the other end of the neck if its a bolt on and I like it but the head stock does look odd with eight on one side maybe six then two or five and three I think that would be cool and I also like how it has emgxes cause most have plan old 808s

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think why the truss rod is off center is cause it may have a truss rod that is adjustable from the other end of the neck if its a bolt on and I like it but the head stock does look odd with eight on one side maybe six then two or five and three I think that would be cool and I also like how it has emgxes cause most have plan old 808s
A few posts above your's I explain the reason why the truss rod is in that position.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score

I agree 100% It's a Jackson. That is THE Jackson headstock.

')