CS Jackson 8 String @ NAMM

• Thread starter Altair4
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
This may amount to nothing, but this has me questioning the practicality of the headstock. Picture I made myself.

jackson8.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Whats bad is your angle is just slightly off so the headstock probably sticks down a little farther than the body does.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
It looks like a very nice guitar. I actually really like the headstock. The only thing missing is black hardware. That chrome/silver stuff is horrible and clashes with the finish.
I wonder if Jackson will make it a production model. If they do I hope it's 30" scale :shred:
The CS one in the pics looks like 25.5 to my eyes.

cronux

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

no reverse headstock :'(

Reaction score
From the ebay page listing the guitar

"This is the Jackson USA Custom Shop 2011 NAMM Soloist 8 String Black Copperhead Electric Guitar. This was one of the feature Jackson Guitars at the 2011 NAMM show. This 8 String guitar is Masterbuilt by Pablo Santana and is completely insane. This is Jackson's first ever 8-String Guitar. This is the first one ever made by Jackson. So this is a piece of Jackson History. And that is Pablo pictured with his monster creation. We sat down talk to Pablo about this guitar. What makes this guitar so special is its Asymmetrical Neck & Offset Trussrod which he also but on the NAMM Show Baritone Guitar he built. Pablo came up with this design and concept after pondering how to make the guitar neck feel more natural. The Asymmetrical Neck has a thicker profile at the lower strings and slowing tapers to a extremely thin profile over the high strings. The technical problem with this design according to Pablo was what to do with the trussrod. You need to have the stability of the trussrod but the neck profile is too thin where the trussrod would normally sit. So he decided to offset the trussrod to run the length with the with the lower strings where the neck is thicker. This is truly a break-thru and so much so that another major manufacturer is already trying to copy his design. The result of this innovation is a an ultra thin and tapered neck on the higher strings for easy access and fast leads but a little more thickness and girth on the lower strings for fat rhythm playing. This guitar is amazing

Other features include a 28.625" Baritone Scale with an Ebony fretboard with a compound radius, 24 Steel Frets, Graphite Nut, and a 8 String Hipshot Fixed Bridge with a String-thru design for loads of sustain. And then to top it all off Pablo loaded this Baritone with EMG 808X Pickups. Buy this guitar today or you'll be sorry.

Jackson USA Custom Shop 2011 NAMM Soloist 8 String Black Copperhead Electric Guitar Specs:

Color: Black Copperhead
Body: Alder
Neck: Neck-Thru-Body Quartersawn Maple Asymmetrical Neck & Offset Trussrod
Scale length: 28.625"

Fingerboard: Ebony with compound 12" to 16" radius
Width at nut: 2.25"
No. of frets: 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets SBB215
Inlays: None

Headstock: Standard
Bridge pickup: EMG 808X
Neck pickup: EMG 808X
Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone 3-position toggle

Hardware: Chrome
Tuning Machines: Gotoh/Jackson
Bridge: Hipshot 8 String Bridge
Strings: .009-.071
Case: SKB Case Included"

I reposted this thread when I saw it on the bay. Looks pretty awesome I think.

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
That's nothing short of goddamn amazing.
One of the only 8's I'd actually consider buying.

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
That thing makes my eyes bleed. Someone please buy it and post pictures?

arsonist

Reaction score
This Jackson's awesome. Being a long-time Jackson fan, i'd love to get me one of these.

')