CS Jackson 8 String @ NAMM

• Thread starter Altair4
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
If I had 5k laying around and a lot of time on my hands, I would order a Jackson CS 8!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Why do 90% of companies 8 string guitars all look the same. Damn EMGs making the guitars look bland as hell. ;)

I doubt it's the EMGs... Maybe it's the fact that 90% of them are SUPERSTRATS with EIGHT FUCKING STRINGS... :idea:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
This may amount to nothing, but this has me questioning the practicality of the headstock. Picture I made myself.

jackson8.jpg

:rofl: @ that headstock.

travis bickle

Reaction score
that headstock looks HORRIBLE. and this is coming from a usa jackson fanboi too.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I don't think it's that bad... It is a tad obnoxious, but I could still get down w/ that.

Also, I dunno if a straight 4+4 headstock wouldn't be just as boring since it's already been stated that superstrat ERGs sporting EMGs have been a bit overdone.

Might be cool to see an offset like a 6+2 headstock or something similar... Don't the JP7s have like a 5+2 or something like that?

I just think it might be cool to experiment with some configs that are a tad less "conventional"

Funz

Reaction score
that headstock is ridiculous.
4+4 is the way to go to keep the thing under a foot long :p

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
The more I look at it, I honestly am really starting to like it. I'd prefer the 4x4 headstock, but if it balances decently, I'd deal with it.

At least it's not black. :yesway:

vlover

Reaction score
Why does every headstock like that, that is 8 strings looks TOO big! Not right I tell ya!

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
This guitar was built by Luthier Pablo Santana - it'll cost $4200. Regarding the neck and the offset truss rod.

It also has a new design feature that Pablo came up with called the Jackson Asymetrical Neck/ Offset Trussrod. Basically the neck profile is fatter near the lower strings and gradually tapers as it gets to the high E string. The Trussrod is also offset and runs through the thicker portion of the neck.

That's really irritating to read considering Tobias was doing that YEARS (over a decade) ago and I've been doing it on all my guitars for almost 2 years. :wallbash:

sell2792

Reaction score
Jackson NEEDS to make some new models asap. More specifically, more 7s and definately more SLS's. If they made a 7 string SLS I'd blow a load.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jackson NEEDS to make some new models asap. More specifically, more 7s and definately more SLS's. If they made a 7 string SLS I'd blow a load.

Well, there's the Broderick, and the SLAT3-7. The only way I can think of to expand the 7s market is to start doing the other shapes, but odd-shaped 7s don't have a good history of success...

Oh, and they'll make you an SLS-7. ;)

Latest posts

')