Cubase 5 Automation Problem

• Thread starter Zei
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zei

Reaction score
So I've been recording a song recently and after making a bit of headway I closed and saved. Opened it later to find that the automation for one of my audio tracks (note: not VST/VSTi; recorded audio) is completely greyed out, like so (see attachment... the top is the bad one, the other just for reference).

When I opened up Cubase there we two greyed out automation tracks at the bottom, as well. Couldn't do anything with 'em, they were just there. As well as the automation "input/output" channels. These weren't there before.

I've tried everything I can think of. Read the manual for anything it said, googled every phrasing of "automation Cubase 5 (descriptionofproblem)" and got no help. Found one other person who had it! But they got no response... At this point I'm at a loss of what to do.

I'm using Cubase 5 on Windows 64bit.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Automation Problem.png
    Automation Problem.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 10

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Did you by any chance try to freeze a track? Usually, grayed out automation means that a track is frozen, i.e bounced to a track with all automations part of it.
In the automation panel, is "suspend read" set on?
What happens when you duplicate the faulty track, does the grayed out automation properties carry over to the duplicated track?
What happens when you freeze and unfreeze the track? Does it alleviate the grayed out issue?
Does automation work on a newly created track? Have you tried just move the audio from the faulty track to a new track?

It sounds like a bug is residing within your project file though, if it just happened out of the blue.

Zei

Reaction score
I have no idea what happened, cause I know I didn't freeze it. But when I created a new track and I moved it over (and redid the automation :( ) and it works now. I think it was a bug, but eh.

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
That sucks.

What I've learned from Cubase is to have autosaves at close intervals. The backups can save a lot of work.

Latest posts

')