Cubase 5 lag

• Thread starter Soulthief
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soulthief

Toch maar vertalen?
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using cubase 5 at home to mix the recorded audio for my band
but i got one very, VERY annoying problem.
When i hit the play button (or space bar whatever) it lags like hell and
has many sudden stops so i can't listen properly if the mix is good and everything is put where it should be.

How can i solve this so it play smoothly in cubase?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dertillo

DareTillo
Reaction score
try to set the audio buffers higher, else...
get yourself a better audio interface, there you could mention
huge differenzes in the quality and latency of your mixes
and last but not least buy more ram or a better
processor for your pc cause if they reached their limits it could also
improve the smoothness.

Soulthief

Toch maar vertalen?
Reaction score
well about the ram and processor, if got a 2.6 ghz quad core with 8 gb ram, that should be enough.. i check if it was a processor overload but my processors can handle cubase with ease.

But how do i set the audio buffers higher? maybe that will make a diffrence

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Sounds like an audio buffer problem indeedn. What kind of audio interface are you using? You're using Cubase so the chain would go like this: Cubase -> Devices -> Device Setup -> VST Audio System -> Control Panel.

If increasing buffer size doesn't help, I'd suggest you to buy a good audio interface. (Or download program called ASIO4ALL) M-Audio is a popular model, but as you've got Cubase I'd suggest you Steinbergs CI2. You can probably pick one up from a local music store for 200€.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Remember that ASIO4ALL is not the same as a high-end audio interface. If you're dealing with an every day home recording that shouldn't even sound "awesome for a home recording" then it should be fine.

Soulthief

Toch maar vertalen?
Reaction score
well.. i don't record anything at home. I only mix things home. I record at the band practice space where i have a sm57 and a hard disk recorder. I take it of the recorder on the computer and start mixing. vocals and drum same way only the bass recording is done at somebody who has the pretty good recording stuff and i get those recording also so i can complete my mix.

So am i save doing it this way or sould i try win the lottery to buy stuff i don't have the money and/or knowledge off :p

')