CUBASE 5/metal foundry problems

groovemasta

Reaction score
i've been wanting to do some recording using metal foundry as a drum machine but when i map the drums in cubase when it plays back it seems like no matter what i do the snare doesn't make any sound. any suggestions on what it could be? help would be appreciated :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Acme

Reaction score
Do you hear it while programming? The notes may be in the wrong place or just their intensity is near zero. Try moving them to some unused cymbals or something to see if the notes are the ones to blame or not.

Menigguh

Reaction score
i've been wanting to do some recording using metal foundry as a drum machine but when i map the drums in cubase when it plays back it seems like no matter what i do the snare doesn't make any sound. any suggestions on what it could be? help would be appreciated :)

Did you try using the drum maps that you can find on toontrack's website?

groovemasta

Reaction score
ahah no i havent im just starting to get into recording and using metal foundry ill try that, and i didnt know they had drum maps ahahah sorry for the dumb question it used to work then i tried it a few days ago and it makes no sound at all even without other drum but only after they have been programmed thanks for the help ill get the drum maps and see how that goes :)

groovemasta

Reaction score
i never said i pirated it, it works when im just using metal foundry but when i play it back the snare has a really soft sounds and i dont know how to turn it up being new to cubase, at least thats what i think the problem is i got the map and the same thing happened. how do you turn up the intensity haha :p

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
It's so obvious though, you just got into recording but you shelled out close to 1000 bucks for recording software?

It tells you how to turn up the velocity in the user manual that comes when you buy it ;)

sorry if I come across as a bit of a angry old fuck, but the level of obvious piracy that goes on here is really annoying to me. Musicians of all people should do everything to support the music and recording community and something as basic as buying the software or music you like is so easy. Use Reaper or buy cubase essentials, choose from one of the many free drum samplers out there if you cannot afford the full versions.

groovemasta

Reaction score
haah its alright dude im just using it for personal experience, i would buy it if i had extra money :p

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
haah its alright dude im just using it for personal experience, i would buy it if i had extra money :p

Just make sure you buy what you need when you have the money!
The developers deserve their hard earned cash, I would know! :)

')