Cubase 5/Scarlett 2i2 help needed!

• Thread starter dimebagfan01
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I ran into a serious issue tonight trying to demo some vocals for a couple new tracks. Before I get into the problem, my signal chain is Shure SM7B -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 -> Cubase 5.1.2 "Final" (torrented copy...I know, I know, when I have the money I'll upgrade). I'm running Windows 8.1 with 8 gigs of ram. For months, I used this setup with no problems other than some latency issues which were manageable and not out of the ordinary. Now, after about a month of not using my laptop save for a few web searches, when I tried to open up a file in Cubase, there is either extreme, unfixable lag (using ASIO4All) or static-y white noise (using the Focusrite drivers). I'm unable to record or play back any audio without these problems. This never happened before and nothing was touched since the last time I used my laptop. Since my band is hitting the studio in about a month, I need to fix it quick. I wish I could post an example of the noises I'm getting, but exporting works fine and I don't know another way to capture it. I tried reinstalling Cubase, the Focusrite drivers, and restarting the laptop but nothing worked. Any help is greatly appreciated and if you need any more info, I'll try to get it for you.

EDIT: Fixed it. I had to switch back to high performance mode (don't know how it switched to power saver, but whatever). Leaving this up in case anyone else gets a serious case of the stupid like I did.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
:hbang:good stuff. Best of luck in your studio work, and post some results down the road

Latest posts

')