Cubase Elements 7 VST plugins issue

rokaholic

Reaction score
I was working on ableton live 8 previously, which is a goodnight DAW. then last week i got cubase elements 7, after i heard a lot of successfull artists like meshuggah, bulb were using it. all the vst plugins, mostly freeware(like lecab2, TSE 808) were working absolutely fine in ableton, but after switching to cubase 7 64 bit, im having wierd issues with it. the plugins don't sound the way they used to in ableton, the sound in cubase is extremely warm but weak. to be precise, the sound out of the vst's lack a lot of gain (basically muddy) , pre amping is suddenly weak with the same plugins i was using earlier in ableton. i have tried tweaking the mixing console, input bus settings, plugins. etc. and the biggest tragedy of all, after installing cubase, my projects in ableton have started crashing. after a while i realised, only the project files containing the above specified vst plugins are crashing in ableton , rest of my projects with default plugins work fine. im a beginner with daw's, so spare my lack of knowledge regarding this issue. but this is a huge moral crusher, since i loved ableton, and now neither are working fine.
interface- m audio mtrack
pls suggest something
any other guys having the same issue can also share info.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
hm. I do know that certain plugins from native instruments will cause ableton to crash when their cache isn't cleared, but I highly doubt this is a case of that. I say back up your project folders, and then completely uninstall both and then reinstall ableton.

And as an ableton user for years now (I switched from cubase too), I would personally recommend the jump to 9 if you can afford it. Life = easier with live 9.

rokaholic

Reaction score
absolutely love ableton for its qualities, switching to cubase was a noob decision, since i heard its better, in terms of latency compensation, audio engine and plugins .. now am confused and frustrated!

')