Cubase merging help

• Thread starter gamber
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gamber

Reaction score
hey guys when im recording in cubase and i record separate guitar riffs to get the "perfect take" i cant seem to merge them correctly i always end up with some space between the parts, in other word it doesnt sound like a single entity. is there a way to merge them together so theres no empty space? and that it sounds like one take? im kind of a noob so bear with my incompetence

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G-Ray

Reaction score
Google "cubase punch in"
or Youtube "cubase punch in"

I think what your trying to do is what we call "punching in".

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Crossfades I think? Trim each clip to it's end and then bring them together, crossfading a little overlap.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never tried crossfading but, what I do in these cases is I record my takes on 2 seperate tracks and then cut the ends that are too long. After that I add a compressor so that when going from one take to a different take on a different track, there is no peaking when starting the riff. (I tend to hit my strings very hard when playing so, by the time my first riff is ending on my first track, when the second riff starts on the second track, I will hit it harder on the first pick, thus making it very audibly clear that there is a peak. So the compression helps me here.)

Latest posts

')