Cubase Upgrade Worth It?

JulyBurnsOrange

Reaction score
Hey, new user here and recording n00b!

So Ive recently gotten into recording and bought the steinberg UR22 interface which came with Cubase Ai 8 and it gives me the option to pay to upgrade to Cubase 8 Elements for I believe it said about $60

I Just want to know if this is worth it or if i can make do with this for the rest of my life (or at least a while ahaha)
Basically the only feature ive tried to use from video tutorials that isnt in this version is the the ability to have a folder for different possible takes. Its not a huge deal though.

I just want to know if theres any good features im missing out on, I plan on using this to record, mix and master some decent quality stuff for my band.
Thanks guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
So Ive recently gotten into recording and bought the steinberg UR22 interface which came with Cubase Ai 8 and it gives me the option to pay to upgrade to Cubase 8 Elements for I believe it said about $60

I Just want to know if this is worth it or if i can make do with this for the rest of my life (or at least a while ahaha)

You'll have to look at the comparisons and make the decision to see if there's any limitations on AI you can't live with. Unfortunately, Cubase (my choice of DAW as well) operates counter to German engineering and does things that are often dumber instead of smarter. One example of this is I can't seem to find any nice PDF comparison chart with checkboxes showing features present in each version like that provided with versions 7 and prior. Seems now you have to read a whole webpage and that page doesn't include AI. So, below are the links to the paid product lineup and the link for the AI page:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/line_up.html

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/steinberg_yamaha/cubase_ai.html

Go through that and see what features you really want or need and decide for yourself. ;)

Rev.

')