Current BC Rich Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I learned the phrase "the thin blue line" from watching TV shows. I love crime / homicide / detective type shows.

My understanding is that it refers to cops never busting other cops even when they do something illegal. They don't want to cross the "thin blue line", so they hold their tongue and let the crooked cop get away with it. But not the hero of [any given series], because they realize that crime is crime, and that even LEO should be held to the law. The crooked cops who bolster the thin blue line are the antagonists of the episode.

Am I mistaken in my understanding? I realize I shouldn't believe everything I learned from TV shows so maybe I'm wrong :lol:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
"the thin red line" is like a point of no return, where your safety can no longer be guaranteed. A line-in-the-sand, of sorts. It is based on a military formation, with the "red" being the british uniforms/coats.

There was a movie with that name that came out about the same time as Saving Private Ryan, if i remember right. It's been years i've seen it, but I took the title to mean that the soldiers working together were connected through bloodshed, and it their "brootherhood" was what kept them safe/going.

The way I always took the "thin blue line" is the same way it's on Wikipedia: "The "thin blue line" is a phrase that refers figuratively to the position of police in society as the force which holds back chaos." Which definitely as a "us vs them" connotation.

Which of course muddies the waters, as fire fghters use 'thin red line" as a way to firefighters who have fallen in the line of duty.

Last edited:

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
"the thin red line" is like a point of no return, where your safety can no longer be guaranteed. A line-in-the-sand, of sorts.

The way I always took the "thin blue line" is the same way it's on Wikipedia: "The "thin blue line" is a phrase that refers figuratively to the position of police in society as the force which holds back chaos."

Which of course muddies the waters, as fire fghters use 'thin red line" as a way to firefighters who have fallen in the line of duty.
The US Supreme Court has already ruled that the police have NO legal responsibility whatsoever to protect anyone. Their only responsibility is to protect state property, nothing else. So the very idea of a "thin blue line" is itself a legalistic absurdity.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Also, the joke itself (Spaced) is apolitical. Just because it's a phrase doesn't mean invoking it is instantly taking a position.
This. The joke, since it needed explaining, I guess, is that someone would pay more than $10 for literally a mostly straight line in blue tattoo ink.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Made the thread title vanilla, since the brand seems to have legitimized itself at this point.

Spoke too soon.

Screenshot_2020-05-07-23-41-29.png

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
I mean sure he's personae non gratae here but he really didn't do anything illegal and he's very good at hyping shit, gauging from his tenure at Fortin

Still kind of icky though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can someone explain? I am so confused...

Shady dude known for doing shady dude things now working for a company historically known for employing a bunch of shady dudes.

It really doesn't matter, it's just sort of funny.

Truthfully, I don't think it would ever be the deciding factor on buying one of these, but it's definitely a turn off in my head as far as the enthusiasm I have for the brand in it's current state.

He'll move on to the next hype machine soon enough, so its a non-issue big picture.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Shady dude known for doing shady dude things now working for a company historically known for employing a bunch of shady dudes.

It really doesn't matter, it's just sort of funny.

Truthfully, I don't think it would ever be the deciding factor on buying one of these, but it's definitely a turn off in my head as far as the enthusiasm I have for the brand in it's current state.

He'll move on to the next hype machine soon enough, so its a non-issue big picture.

I agree with all of that, I'm friends with Mike Fortin, having bought two of his amps since 2008. But I've never understood why he had that guy be his "artist relations"

Perhaps this could be a good thing for B.C. Rich, since zakkkk may bring better artists or more relevant artists than 5 finger dick punch?

Either way, doesn't change the fact that Neal Moser is back and Dan Lawrence is back. If those guys are overseeing the build and Dave choen and BRJ have nothing to do with it, then one hype artist won't ruin the situation.

In fact it might help get rid of all that godamn ABALONE!

I just put in my order for my custom Ironbird. we shall see.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
I agree with all of that, I'm friends with Mike Fortin, having bought two of his amps since 2008. But I've never understood why he had that guy be his "artist relations"

Perhaps this could be a good thing for B.C. Rich, since zakkkk may bring better artists or more relevant artists than 5 finger dick punch?

Either way, doesn't change the fact that Neal Moser is back and Dan Lawrence is back. If those guys are overseeing the build and Dave choen and BRJ have nothing to do with it, then one hype artist won't ruin the situation.

In fact it might help get rid of all that godamn ABALONE!

I just put in my order for my custom Ironbird. we shall see.
How did you spec it out?

Merrekof

Reaction score
I mean not to derail the thread (i guess it is relevant though) like what has he done thats shady?
Dude keep quiet, they read everything! If you dig too deep they ban you or nuke the thread..

On a serious note, I'd follow SSO rules and ask google instead, if I were you. :)

')