Current BC Rich Thread

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, the new ones they're posting on IG look good. Just the abalone is a tad ridiculous.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GoldDragon

Reaction score
:agreed:

It'll be interesting seeing the roll out of the Instagram stuff.

I just checked the instagram... Very cool. This is my new favorite brand.

It looks like they are making quality mid/hi price guitars from SK. It looks like they are following the Charvel strategy of making only mid+ price guitars, no entry level instruments.

Most of the guitars have OFR, its nice to see that. And the evertune. They are using the best bridges when everyone else like Ibanez and MM is going to traditional non-locking.

I like the headstock and the neck through. I like the finishes. They are reviving all the old classic BCR designs, which means this is a brand with a history/pedigree, not some new thing like Agile, Solar, Chapman, etc.

And yes, I even like the abalone. So much guitar playing is shared online, its good to have something that pops.

Charvels are pretty cool, but most of them are playing with the retro "san dimas" vibe. Just a block heel and 22 frets most of them. Jacksons in this price range are indonesian and I don't like the headstock. Ibanez has gone off into hipster territory and are overpriced.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm hoping if they roll out more budget stuff, it's more on the quality of Solar, G&L, Hagstrom, and PRS SE rather than Jackson. Seems inevitable that we'll get a cheaper MiC/Mii/MiT line.

Also yeah, the FR1000s and OFRs look similar. Both have "Floyd Rose" on them and are pretty much made of the same materials.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Why is everyone shitting on the new BC Rich?

Because they aren't releasing what the people want and do not listen to us when they say they do.

Alongside that they continue trying to copy shit like Ibanez when they should just be "B.C. Rich."

No 7 string ironbirds, no real ironbirds in general. There is tons and tons of shit that they AREN'T DOING! They need to be doing the things they should be doing as a brand not what they are doing now.

And I own two of the new BCR models so yeah

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
I just checked the instagram... Very cool. This is my new favorite brand.

It looks like they are making quality mid/hi price guitars from SK. It looks like they are following the Charvel strategy of making only mid+ price guitars, no entry level instruments.

Most of the guitars have OFR, its nice to see that. And the evertune. They are using the best bridges when everyone else like Ibanez and MM is going to traditional non-locking.

I like the headstock and the neck through. I like the finishes. They are reviving all the old classic BCR designs, which means this is a brand with a history/pedigree, not some new thing like Agile, Solar, Chapman, etc.

And yes, I even like the abalone. So much guitar playing is shared online, its good to have something that pops.

Charvels are pretty cool, but most of them are playing with the retro "san dimas" vibe. Just a block heel and 22 frets most of them. Jacksons in this price range are indonesian and I don't like the headstock. Ibanez has gone off into hipster territory and are overpriced.

I will say that most of them are quality, but my two shredzillas both have flaws, mainly on the fretboard. Cracks, missing abalone purfling, black filler missing, tool marks etc.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200512-202524_Instagram.jpg

Guys this might be the final straw...... wtf

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Because a company is adding an account on the single fastest-growing social media platform in the world? Meh.

bro it just seems like a muthafuckin waste of money. Putting yourself on a platform that is mainly kids who couldn't give less of a shit about guitar. This shit just irks me. They should be spending money making products that the people actually want.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
"Bro", how much do you think they are spending? The image in the thumbnail is a photo they already put in IG.

And yes, Tik Tok is mainly younger people. Younger people who get their parents to buy them an iPhone 12 even though they already have an 11s. There are also a shit ton of guitarists in it. Also, many people in it simply arent on FB or IG.

Make no mistake, I hate it, dont use it, and they are actually one of my clients. But I cant deny their place and influence.

Dismissing the platform sounds a but like those people who say things like, "nobody goes there anymore, because of the crowds".

Merrekof

Reaction score
Because they aren't releasing what the people want and do not listen to us when they say they do.

Alongside that they continue trying to copy shit like Ibanez when they should just be "B.C. Rich."

No 7 string ironbirds, no real ironbirds in general. There is tons and tons of shit that they AREN'T DOING! They need to be doing the things they should be doing as a brand not what they are doing now.

And I own two of the new BCR models so yeah
Well they don't necessarily have to do the dings we want. Besides, it's sales that'll probably dictate the future.
But I've said this 100 pages ago, why put so much effort and different models of yet another superstrat when BC Rich has lots of unique designs.
And the lack of 7 strings, aside from the superstrats.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Well they don't necessarily have to do the dings we want. Besides, it's sales that'll probably dictate the future.
But I've said this 100 pages ago, why put so much effort and different models of yet another superstrat when BC Rich has lots of unique designs.
And the lack of 7 strings, aside from the superstrats.

Exactly. When I think of BCR when I want to buy one I think of Ironbirds, stealths, beasts, zombies, etc.

Sure the gunslingers are cool but they are over saturated guitar. How many companies are offering something like a beast/ironbird? Not many, that's why I like BCR.

I give em till the end of the year to release a simple ironbird/stealth and if not then I am ditching them as a brand.

GoldDragon

Reaction score
bro it just seems like a muthafuckin waste of money. Putting yourself on a platform that is mainly kids who couldn't give less of a shit about guitar. This shit just irks me. They should be spending money making products that the people actually want.
They are paying someone for marketing. Maybe evenTeven someone overseas who works for cheap. Probably same graphic designer who made that badass collage.

Creating a tiktok acct takes minutes. Updating it when you are already on FB, Instagram, etc is no big deal.

This sounds like.. Get off my lawn! And...Old man shouting at cloud.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
They are paying someone for marketing. Maybe evenTeven someone overseas who works for cheap. Probably same graphic designer who made that badass collage.

Creating a tiktok acct takes minutes. Updating it when you are already on FB, Instagram, etc is no big deal.

This sounds like.. Get off my lawn! And...Old man shouting at cloud.

Oh well.

Merrekof

Reaction score
And about tiktok.. I have no clue, I don't have that or Instagram. I barely even check up on facebook but these days, if you skip social media, your business is gonna suffer. These are the new billboards and tv ads.

Besides, even if Tiktok is a bunch of kids, these kids will grow up in a couple of years. They might start playing guitar and form bands so it makes sense for a "modern guitar" company to aim at the younger, upcoming generation.

trem licking

Reaction score
They HAVE to make gunslingers/shredzillas... They are only making mid/high priced gear and the strat style is what sells the most. They will release their other shapes, they came out the gate with quite an offering. Keep in mind they are competing with a pandemic right now too so be like axle and have a little patience heh heh. I also have to give them cred for having the balls to release an 8 string with floyd... They will be releasing more models with that too. They definitely get my support

')