Current BC Rich Thread

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
They HAVE to make gunslingers/shredzillas... They are only making mid/high priced gear and the strat style is what sells the most. They will release their other shapes, they came out the gate with quite an offering. Keep in mind they are competing with a pandemic right now too so be like axle and have a little patience heh heh. I also have to give them cred for having the balls to release an 8 string with floyd... They will be releasing more models with that too. They definitely get my support

Yes, but a simple black ironbird with one humbucker, a Floyd, 24 frets, reversed 6 in line headstock, 25.5" scale and a DiMarzio x2n/fluence modern humbucker and a blank ebony board (or with inlays at the 12th) for $1100-$1400 would sell like hot cakes. That type of shit is what the BCR fans want. they want the ironbirds.

Sure the shredzillas/strats are what is gonna be the vanilla shit, but lets be honest man when people think of BCR they think about the outrageousness of the brand like the shapes and designs and what not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aliascent

Reaction score
Yes, but a simple black ironbird with one humbucker, a Floyd, 24 frets, reversed 6 in line headstock, 25.5" scale and a DiMarzio x2n/fluence modern humbucker and a blank ebony board (or with inlays at the 12th) for $1100-$1400 would sell like hot cakes. That type of shit is what the BCR fans want. they want the ironbirds.

Sure the shredzillas/strats are what is gonna be the vanilla shit, but lets be honest man when people think of BCR they think about the outrageousness of the brand like the shapes and designs and what not.

I'd also accept strat-likes in outrageous colors - Tony MacAlpine style. And it seems that the 80's are back, so it could happen ?

uni777

Reaction score
Originally it is a modified mockingbird. (Straighten all the mocks angles) and was designed (I believe by Joey Rico) in 83.
It precedes the beast, warbeast, zombie and all the later models by many decades.

And that dragon inlay on some models is not a 5FDP thing but a stylized shredzilla.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
I'd also accept strat-likes in outrageous colors - Tony MacAlpine style. And it seems that the 80's are back, so it could happen ?

yes but as someone who owns 4 s style guitars I want something pointy. Not many brands offer stuff that I would like. I would be all over the ESP arrow but I don't like the shape. jackson (pro series) have some shoddy QC so I rule them out.

It seems like BCR is the only brand that can provide what I desire without going custom. It would be cool to see some old school slinger reissues, totally agree, but fuck man what the hell is so hard with coming out with what I listed especially when it would sell out.

Seems that a dealer is going to have to do a limited run before BCR does anything of the like. When I get whiff of one starting I am putting money down on the preorder

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Originally it is a modified mockingbird. (Straighten all the mocks angles) and was designed (I believe by Joey Rico) in 83.
It precedes the beast, warbeast, zombie and all the later models by many decades.

And that dragon inlay on some models is not a 5FDP thing but a stylized shredzilla.

I believe your history is correct on that.

The beast is also another underrated shape. Soo killer

Aliascent

Reaction score
yes but as someone who owns 4 s style guitars I want something pointy. Not many brands offer stuff that I would like. I would be all over the ESP arrow but I don't like the shape. jackson (pro series) have some shoddy QC so I rule them out.

It seems like BCR is the only brand that can provide what I desire without going custom. It would be cool to see some old school slinger reissues, totally agree, but fuck man what the hell is so hard with coming out with what I listed especially when it would sell out.

Seems that a dealer is going to have to do a limited run before BCR does anything of the like. When I get whiff of one starting I am putting money down on the preorder

As someone with a warlock, mockingbird and ironbird (and who misses his NT Jr.V), I feel you.

uni777

Reaction score
I believe your history is correct on that.

The beast is also another underrated shape. Soo killer
I've been playing BC rich for 30 years. :D
And used to have a huge collection of all catalogues as far back as the late eighties. The old Moser Forum was also a huge source of information on BC Rich.
All the BC rich V shapes, also, came after the initial extreme shapes. The jrV named after Bernie Rico junior is the long upper wing of the Ironbird mark 2 mirrored. A lot of the shapes are modifications of other ones. The warlock is rumored to be a Bich which was traced with a set of french curves by Bernie Rico senior.

I do not think they will return the beast. As they did a shitty thing to Brian Hoffman who designed it and got his design stolen by them... (unless they give him a fair deal)
I suppose that is why there is a warbeast..

GoldDragon

Reaction score

I wouldnt buy this.

Put some fret markers and a neck pickup and I might. But that purple Ironbird is already badass. I'd rather have the purple bound one they already make.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score

I wouldnt buy this.

Put some fret markers and a neck pickup and I might. But that purple Ironbird is already badass. I'd rather have the purple bound one they already make.

Do not want to sounds like an ass, but you guys just perfectly pictured why its impossible to make everyone happy in the guitar realm. We all have our "dream setup" in mind but you might end up having to get the middle ground or go full custom to get exactly what you want.

I personally wait until I see the final full lineup before deciding on what sub-model Ironbird I'll get, but I don't set my expectation for a particular setup, I'll probably have to make concession on the final specs to get something as close as possible to what I picture in my head.

GoldDragon

Reaction score
Do not want to sounds like an ass, but you guys just perfectly pictured why its impossible to make everyone happy in the guitar realm.

Thats why I made the post. The other guy said something like "thats the guitar everyone wants" and actually, no I wouldnt buy a 1500 guitar without a neck pickup or fret markers.

I guess this is why Kiesel is a thing.

Viginez

Reaction score
The other guy said something like "thats the guitar everyone wants"
*everyone, that knows (old school) bc rich
but if you just discovered the brand and like purple/pink/flashy/abalone stuff, the new bcrich might just be for you.

electriceye

Reaction score

As I said way earlier in this thread, BCR *completely* missed the boat on the superstrat revival. The original Gunslingers are still considered some of the best SSs ever made. What did BCR do? Made shit Korean copies that didn’t even adhere to the original specs. The US-made GS and ST-IIIs sold VERY well in the mid-late 80’s. No excuse why they didn’t jump on them again over the past decade.

GoldDragon

Reaction score
As I said way earlier in this thread, BCR *completely* missed the boat on the superstrat revival. The original Gunslingers are still considered some of the best SSs ever made. What did BCR do? Made shit Korean copies that didn’t even adhere to the original specs. The US-made GS and ST-IIIs sold VERY well in the mid-late 80’s. No excuse why they didn’t jump on them again over the past decade.

I saw those Gunslinger reissues about 7 years ago. Almost bought one.

I didn't know there was a "superstrat" revival. Some form of superstrat has always been at least half of market, in my estimation. Ibanez has been carrying that torch for 35 years. And Jackson.

What do you mean by superstrat revival? You mean the Charvels?

')