Current BC Rich Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Black pearloid would be hideous as a purfling.

As binding, I'm with you. Worked well on the Alexi Blacky.

On the other hand...

rBVaVV2CUU2AV1alAAGFnKoknOo401.jpg

rBVaVV2CUU2AIoC_AAH4B_XN74E961.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Oh jeez, I haven't seen that guitar in FOREVER. I forgot that stumpy POS even existed.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
To be clear...I have no idea if any 'real" guitars were made like that...there's DH Gate watermarks, so as far i know, they were just shitty knock-offs that aren't based on any real guitar's finishes/options...

Cynicanal

Reaction score
There was a hideous one from the ESP custom shop back in the old days that I saw where the center of the V (the area surrounded by the innermost pinstripes on the above example) was gloss black, but the entire outer wings were abalone.

eggy in a bready

Reaction score
Everyone here secretly thinks that by criticizing abalone and suggesting "what everyone really wants", they will get bc rich to make their dream guitar.

Black plastic binding is a cheap look, looks horrible on maple boards, and doesn't help dark bodies stand out, which is the purpose of outlining the guitar in white or abalone.

Abalone isnt "metal" enough for some, but I think these guitars, especially the outrageous shapes, have roots in glam rock. Glam is all about spectacle and being over the top. These guitars make a splash.

How someone could want a warlock and then complain it's too flashy... Seems contradictory.
i think you're conflating "flashy" and "gaudy/tacky."

most people think abalone is a horrible aesthetic choice (for good reason)

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
Latest Instagram post.

Omg, did they finally put a recessed jack in a warlock? I love my warlock, but the stupid position of the cable in the jack, including L shaped male jacks made that guitar impossible to play sitting on a carpet floor. The cable would just hit the floor and mess up the jack.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Omg, did they finally put a recessed jack in a warlock? I love my warlock, but the stupid position of the cable in the jack, including L shaped male jacks made that guitar impossible to play sitting on a carpet floor. The cable would just hit the floor and mess up the jack.
Iirc, the Warlock (and warbeast) models already had recessed jacks 10 years ago. The NJ deluxe Warbeast did, I know 'cause I owned one. :)

mastapimp

Reaction score
Iirc, the Warlock (and warbeast) models already had recessed jacks 10 years ago. The NJ deluxe Warbeast did, I know 'cause I owned one. :)
I have a MK11 warlock and the jack isn't recessed...just your standard square plate. It was one of the more recent warlock models before the 5FDP guy took over.

uni777

Reaction score
I have a MK11 warlock and the jack isn't recessed...just your standard square plate. It was one of the more recent warlock models before the 5FDP guy took over.
The NJ Deluxe series did have the recessed plates. As some other models from that period.
The whole MK1 - MK11 was built under different owners (Praxis i believe) in different factories and was not the same quality as when Hanser was finally making some nice models.
TBH in my opinion the extreme line is a continuation of what the NJ deluxe line was 10 years ago. Binding and purfling incl.

zenonshandro

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was answered or figured out before, but regarding that 12th fret inlay on some of the models being possibly a 5fdp thing... Isn't this it?

Attachments

• 5fdpchriskael_20200521_163824_0.jpg
    5fdpchriskael_20200521_163824_0.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 56
')