Current BC Rich Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bloodocean

Reaction score
Herman Li has an updated video with a bit of playing now

AJS

Reaction score
Yeah, its like he told them to build him his Ibanez signature guitar.

Hey, the guy knows what he likes. Just so happened he got it mostly right the first time, I guess. Not to mention he has something like 120 other guitars with more varied specs to play with.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Hey, the guy knows what he likes. Just so happened he got it mostly right the first time, I guess. Not to mention he has something like 120 other guitars with more varied specs to play with.

The whole point is it is sacrilege. Sure it is a custom and it is what he wants but fuck man it is bcr. Doesn't surprise me seeing that the new management wants to have products marketed towards the Ibanez and Djent crowd. Nothing wrong with that but the BCR fans are not that

GoldDragon

Reaction score

I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it.

However, I'm going to say it, the production egen guitars are alot more refined than that prototype. It looks like they took a body blank from a shredzilla and shaped it with a belt sander. There isn't much detail work like binding or inlays.

My opinion is that he is just using it as a bargaining chip with Ibanez. "Hey look, anyone can build me a guitar, what have you done for me lately?"

AJS

Reaction score
I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it.

However, I'm going to say it, the production egen guitars are alot more refined than that prototype. It looks like they took a body blank from a shredzilla and shaped it with a belt sander. There isn't much detail work like binding or inlays.

My opinion is that he is just using it as a bargaining chip with Ibanez. "Hey look, anyone can build me a guitar, what have you done for me lately?"

Sorry if I implied something there, my bad.

It's worth mentioning though that Herman left Ibanez and doesn't have any stakes in the company anymore. From what I remember from one of his streams, he left to be able to play more guitar brands without being tied to any one company. Ibanez doesn't even make new egens anymore.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
BCR makes a decent production 7-string Mockingbird/Bich/Warlock, and I'm all in. What the custom shop builds interests me not.

Duuude, I'm so with you on this!! I emailed them and also sent them a message on Facebook asking about the possibility and got no response. Recently just emailed them again and mentioned my prior communications that went unanswered and said if you don't reply I give up entirely on BC Rich. Thing for me though is I also need 26.5" scale as I tune down to A Standard. So.... likely not gonna happen. I know they have the Shredzilla's but for me there's zero point getting another SuperStrat especially if it's a BC Rich.

Rev.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Duuude, I'm so with you on this!! I emailed them and also sent them a message on Facebook asking about the possibility and got no response. Recently just emailed them again and mentioned my prior communications that went unanswered and said if you don't reply I give up entirely on BC Rich. Thing for me though is I also need 26.5" scale as I tune down to A Standard. So.... likely not gonna happen. I know they have the Shredzilla's but for me there's zero point getting another SuperStrat especially if it's a BC Rich.

Rev.
BCR said on their FB page a little while ago that a 7-string Warlock was in the works. No mention of what scale length that would be.

Unfortunately, BCR doesn't really seem to understand the sonic necessities of the extended scale market. My fear is that they'll make this 7-string Warlock with a 25.5" neck, and it'll flop, both in terms of sales and string tension. ;)

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
The whole point is it is sacrilege. Sure it is a custom and it is what he wants but fuck man it is bcr. Doesn't surprise me seeing that the new management wants to have products marketed towards the Ibanez and Djent crowd. Nothing wrong with that but the BCR fans are not that
Sorry what? How is it sacrilige? It looks like something an 80's BCR artist would play.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
Herman Li has an updated video with a bit of playing now

I'm much more interested in what Sam's(other dude in dforce) potential Ironbird signature will look like. Herman plays that BC Rich almost all the time nowadays, so it wouldn't surprise me at this point if they end up signing a deal.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I'm much more interested in what Sam's(other dude in dforce) potential Ironbird signature will look like. Herman plays that BC Rich almost all the time nowadays, so it wouldn't surprise me at this point if they end up signing a deal.

Sam is a dweeb. I remember in a rig rundown video he left the gushing about his axe to Herman, who was super excited to do it. Perhaps an ironbird would ve cool, but Sam is a boring ol turd.

')