Custom 7 String Art. Any idea if Ibanez produces these for Us normal people..?! Lol..

Ntbillie

Reaction score
I recently found this Picture of Munky (From KoRn). He used this new Custom Model on the Ping Fm Tour. It's a Single cut. Probably from the Artist series. The shape is pretty darn sexy. Plus it's a seven string. And judging from the neck. I'm guessing it's a 26 1/2 scale length. (I could be wrong..) It also has a Killswitch. Probably inspired from the Buckethead signature model. P.S He used the Buckethead Model on the Tour aswell.

24135_431854140760_21230560760_5577624_8362037_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
If that's long scale, it'd be a nice production model, because there is nothing like it on the mass market right now; however, I'm sure a lot of people will want to keep it that way.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice. I'd love to see a 7-string version of the ART100.

ART100WH.gif

jl-austin

Reaction score
He has been using a different guitar lately. An RG shaped guitar with a pearl pick guard. I doubt the art model will be produced. It is possible that Ibanez might make an art 7 string, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that. I agree it would be unique to the market.

thewildturkey

Reaction score
Wasnt there a post on here a while back about a Forum member that got his modded 7321 signed by Munky, and he (Munky)liked it so much he took some photos to send to Ibanez?

The 7321 had a white bridge and other white highlights, looks like Munky did end up geting those mods done to his guitar, pretty cool.

Back on topic, that is a really cool guitar.

clouds

Reaction score
Wasnt there a post on here a while back about a Forum member that got his modded 7321 signed by Munky, and he (Munky)liked it so much he took some photos to send to Ibanez?

The 7321 had a white bridge and other white highlights, looks like Munky did end up geting those mods done to his guitar, pretty cool.

I remember that, yeh. Awesome.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually that was Head.

And Munky's had that LACS for a while now. It is very cool, but in a recent interview talking about his upcoming sig he talked down the idea of that becoming a production/signature model (as KoRn is most affiliated with the RG).

Ntbillie

Reaction score
Actually this is one of the Two Custom models I would pay above 1000$ to buy. The other being Meshuggah Custom eight string models. But what's really unique about this model is the killswitch. And the scale obviously. I really wish Ibanez would adopt using 26 1/2 scale on their seven strings like Schecter does. Also these are rumors Ibanez will be introducing Meshuggah signature models in 2011. Fingers crossed..!

uni777

Reaction score
I really wish Ibanez would adopt using 26 1/2 scale on their seven strings like Schecter does.

For me that will be the day i won't buy ibby's anymore. From experience I really do not like what the added scale length does to the sound of the strings. Makes it too sterile for my taste.

Ntbillie

Reaction score
Sorry. =p I forgot to mention 'Budget models'. The RGD is NO DOUBT an amazing guitar. But it's too expensive for college kids like Me who rely on their Parents income. Brian 'Head' Welch Ex guitarist for Korn is using this guitar actually. He used it on His New album. And will hopefully continue to use it..
35050_438689606973_327723191973_6028799_5390620_n.jpg

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Sorry. =p I forgot to mention 'Budget models'. The RGD is NO DOUBT an amazing guitar. But it's too expensive for college kids like Me who rely on their Parents income. Brian 'Head' Welch Ex guitarist for Korn is using this guitar actually. He used it on His New album. And will hopefully continue to use it..

I see, I believe Ibanez are planning to do more with the RGD range at either Winter or Summer NAMM. I don't remember where I heard that, but I would expect to see more.

')