Custom 7 string fretless Benavente build pics!

• Thread starter ApteraBassist
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vansinn

Reaction score
That's the one thing I regret about having signed up in here: All that wood ;)
This is going to look phreaking fantastic. Would be tantamount to holy blasphemy to put frets in that board.
Do want :agreed:

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
Compared to a lot of custom makers, Benavente's are pretty affordable for how long you'll end up owning it and how durable they are. Starting price is 3400. Many other custom makers are twice that

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
Here's the picture of the Pale moon ebony fretboard I ordered from the website. It's on the far left. It a whole inch thick so maybe I'll get lucky and it will look even cooler on the inside.

pale.jpg

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
With the right resaw blade, you should be able to get 3 fingerboards boards out of an inch thick piece of ebony stock.

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
With the right resaw blade, you should be able to get 3 fingerboards boards out of an inch thick piece of ebony stock.

Correct! I'm selling the rest of the pale moon ebony to Benavente, so if any of you guys are ordering something from him in the near future, you know what piece of pale moon ebony he has. I'll post pics of the sawn pieces on Sunday.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Did I miss the part where you said which website you got the pale moon ebony board from?

Because i think i can't live anymore without a guitar with a fretboard like that....

*sniffle*

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
Here's the website where I got it. I beleive the only piece thay have left is the one on the right middle.

Eisenbrand Exotic Hardwoods

That's really the only place i've been able to find pale moon ebony long enough for a fingerboard.

This place says they have some in stock thats an inch thick but they have no pictures so you'll have to call and ask if they have any still

exotic wood specials & news Lignum vitae ironwoods

Or since MY piece is being cut into two or three boards you could always order one of these badass inlay top guitars from Benavente and ask for the other piece of Pale moon

00000003.jpg

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
^Haha! Thanks man!
I will definitely be looking into these.

Can't afford a full custom -til i get rid of a few projects -but never say never, eh?

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
^Haha! Thanks man!
I will definitely be looking into these.

Can't afford a full custom -til i get rid of a few projects -but never say never, eh?

I know where you're comin from. I had to sell another bass and an amp to afford this bass, but I can tell it's going to be so worth it!

Levi79

Reaction score
Man. I wish I could find some of that stuff somewhere near me. I could get it, but it would cost $60 in shipping for a $20 or $30 board :/

ApteraBassist

Reaction score
Thats pretty much where I'm at. the fretboard on my bass has to be so wide I had to buy a piece 3 times thicker than I needed it... so it was a 100 bucks for the board and 20 for shipping... on a fretboard

')