Custom 8 string all walnut

• Thread starter myconfidenceinu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Defsan

Reaction score
still some sanding to do then the multiple finishes will be applied - gloss the entire body, then rub down the neck so it has a matte/satin feel and look.
jizz.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
IMO, coil split on a q-tuner would be absolutely pointless. you can get tones close to an acoustic pickup, good enough to render a piezo obsolete, so i don't think you'd need it brighter. and remember that you can fine tune it to tweak the frequency response.

myconfidenceinu

Reaction score
Yeah, would have still been nice to have the extra tonal option, but oh well :) I'll still have a coil splitter for the bridge pickup though.

bucketbot

Reaction score
That's gonna be awesome!!!

I used to have this Carvin DC400CW but sold it to help finance my 8 string.

DC400.jpg

bucketbot

Reaction score
Wow love it! Especially the Holdsworth headstock! Do you prefer the Ibanez 8 string or wish you still had the Carvin?

One other reason I sold it is if you look at my post on my RG2228 you will see that I also have a Custom Jem.
Done by Max Cottam...you may even know of him as also from Manchester?

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/118168-rg2228-with-bkp-painkillers.html

I found that every time I felt like picking up a guitar with a Trem I always went for that one & I love it! So the DC400 never got used much.

Definitely loving the RG2228 especially with the BKP Painkillers.
Have found it a lot easier to play than I expected.

Soopahmahn

Tu ne cede malis
Reaction score
Love the cocobolo! Body is an excellent design :wub: I almost bought a walnut Telecaster once, I loved the tonal balance of the wood. Keep it going!

shogunate

Reaction score
Guitars, and walnut specimens in particular, make me wonder why some people ever paint over the wood....:nuts:

myconfidenceinu

Reaction score
new pic! it'll be finished in a week or so, one more coat to go then on to buffering! (dont worry fretboard was covered, just peeled off for the picture) i'll also be posting better higher-resolution pictures tomorrow once i get them from Ged - this one was just with my camera phone!

30799_118519271524004_100000977943812_101924_2744730_n.jpg

')