Custom 8 string all walnut

• Thread starter myconfidenceinu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aris_T

Reaction score
This is A W E S O M E ! ! !

Congrats on choosing Q-Tuners for the neck! It should sound amazing on such a fine wood selection!

Dragonfly

Reaction score
new pic! it'll be finished in a week or so, one more coat to go then on to buffering! (dont worry fretboard was covered, just peeled off for the picture) i'll also be posting better higher-resolution pictures tomorrow once i get them from Ged - this one was just with my camera phone!

30799_118519271524004_100000977943812_101924_2744730_n.jpg

Probably a dumb question, but why should the fretboard be covered?
Is that because of the oiling, why can't that be on the fretboard?

Oh, and this guitar really looks awesome! :D

And I agree about painting guitars, that's just weird when you have such nice woods

myconfidenceinu

Reaction score
Thanks guys! :agreed: I'm unbelievably happy with its progress, and can't wait to get my hands on it! I don't think I can ever look at a painted guitar the same way ever again - just not in the same class. As to the fretboard being covered - fretboards should not have a finish on them! They are the only part of the guitar that should have no finish at all, so you cover them when your spraying the guitar! You just clean it with lemon seed oil whenever you change strings. :yesway:

P.S. Yen? where in Ayrshire are you from? I actually come from East Ayrshire, near Loudoun Hill. Currently living in Manchester, but travel back up at the end of month!

')