Custom Acrylic Bodies?

• Thread starter Korngod
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if anybody does custom bodies with acrylic? I was thinking about putting one with my RG7321 just for shits and giggles. I hear its not a wise descision tone-wise but I still think a clear guitar... 7 string at that, would be awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I'd personally stay away from a acrylic body.. not so much because of tone but because of when they get scratched up.

The good thing about them though is the monstrous sustain they get :yesway: as for a custom body, well that's going to be difficult. You need to find someone who can make a body mold and also has the tools to route the acrylic itself (CAD setup and I forgot what the machines that lasercut them are called again..) so your best bet honestly is to find someone who knows their stuff in terms of acrylic and plastic molding instead of a custom guitar builder.

Reaction score
I was also thinking about maybe buying one of the cheapo acrylic guitars on ebay, and just making it into a 7 string....can't be too hard, and then I could have an acrylic RR7 :D
(or Tele 7)
DillionAcrylic.jpg

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
if your super interested i can put you in touch with my supplier but be forewarned it is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination......pm me for details...

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
Aren't they like super heavy? Can you get them chambered maybe to relieve weight?

')