Custom amp mods?

• Thread starter sgutierrez5678
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sgutierrez5678

Reaction score
Has anyone done any COSMETIC mods to their speaker cabinets and/or heads? I wanna do something cool and creative to mine but I don't really have any ideas!!

Pics would be awesome!:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xtacles

boosh
Reaction score
What kind of amp are you thinking about modding? I've done a bunch of 5150's and a few Laney's, Mesa's etc. I always end up tinkering with my gear somehow :)
I just realized that I deleted all of my pics off of the net though lol so I'll have to show you some when I get back to my home computer.

sgutierrez5678

Reaction score
What kind of amp are you thinking about modding? I've done a bunch of 5150's and a few Laney's, Mesa's etc. I always end up tinkering with my gear somehow :)
I just realized that I deleted all of my pics off of the net though lol so I'll have to show you some when I get back to my home computer.

I was thinking about trying to mod my old peavey valveking just to try. If I can do something cool then I will probably try modding one of my main amps!

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
l_9b15c385ccaf2fffd5cd8fc561b00c0a.jpg
I've seen several mods like this:

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
Someone here put a flag with skull designs behind the metal grille on their cab. Looks freakin' brütal.

CornSyrup

ss.orgy Regular
Reaction score
I always thought about re-tolexing some of my heads with custom printed tolex/vinyl.

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm about to retolex my 6505 (I have a thread about it on here), and here's another page I found if it's any help!:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/101311-my-first-re-tolex-project-6505-a.html

Check out the 'Random pics of your rig' sticky, there's some awesome mods hiding in there (keep a look out for the 5150, page 20-something I think), and JB Brubaker from August Burns Red, his custom 5150 is beautiful, and here are his 6505's he's currently touring with:

x2_5492e5c

x2_51da412

Here's the guy from eurotubes.com :

x2_4573754

There's tons more, literally just google 'amp mods', there's millions of pages!

Hope this helps!

')