Custom Dæmoness 7-string buildstory! Lots of maple-y goodness within! (many pics)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Like fellow forumite Roo, I am having a custom 7-string built by Dylan at Dæmoness guitars (Dæmoness Guitars - Lutherie Infernus). He is very local to me, and I get the pleasure of being able to drop in and check out how things are going regularly. He's been taking pictures as he works, and I have just got the first batch so I thought I'd start the thread.
His guitars always play, sound and feel incredible, I can't wait to get this thing in my hands!

Specs are as follows:

25.5" 7-string Cimmerian (superstrat) shape with extra contoured bevels
5A tubular quilted maple top on a korina body
Set-neck construction, with a 3pc flamed maple neck. Dæmoness "Flatbacker" neck profile.
Scarf jointed headstock (reversed Dæmoness standard) with quilted maple face
High-grade ebony fingerboard with ESP-style offset block inlays. Neck and headstock bound in black
Bare Knuckle Ceramic Nailbomb bridge pickup, Painkiller neck
Hipshot bridge and locking tuners
Earvana nut (48mm)
Recessed Dunlop straplock mountings
Ibanez JPM-style control layout with 3-way toggle, CTS pots and NOS Russian cap

Finish is to be as close to this as possible (headstock matches body)

Picture1-28.jpg

So, onto the buildstory!

This is the quilted maple top:

IMG_4036.jpg

This is the flamed maple board that the neck (and also Roo's guitar's neck) is cut from:

IMG_0343.jpg

The three pieces being cut out:

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

Being sanded flat:

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Being glued together:

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Next we have the piece that the headstock will be cut from:

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

Having the maple headstock face glued in place:

IMG_0335.jpg

Sanding headstock to final shape:

IMG_0336.jpg

Pilot holes for the machineheads:

IMG_0346.jpg

Headstock wet to show figure:

IMG_0352.jpg

Machinehead holes drilled:

IMG_0355.jpg

And that's all for now! Dylan is a bit further into the build now but I don't have pictures just yet.

Hope y'all dig

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
This build is pretty win, but this picture is MASSIVE win.

MEGADETH PLANER FTW :hbang:

IMG_0349.jpg

grats on the build bro. :)

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I'll follow the shit out of this, looks fantastic

daemonessaxes

Reaction score
Hello SHREDDERS and METALLERS (my companions).
It was Adams idea to document the construction of these guitars, and I'll take photos at as many stages as is practical. I will be building his and Andrews guitars side by side so you may see both guitar stages in some photos. I log on to this forum every few days and I will try and answer your questions if I get the chance. I get asked hundreds of questions related to guitar construction each week either in my workshop or email so please only ask of things that really are not apparent in the photos or that you REALLY need to know for your purpose. There is quite a lot of information on my website and also a video showing briefly how I make my DAEMONESS guitars. Thanks for your interest and I will be as thorough as possible.
Dylan Humphries

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello SHREDDERS and METALLERS (my companions).
It was Adams idea to document the construction of these guitars, and I'll take photos at as many stages as is practical. I will be building his and Andrews guitars side by side so you may see both guitar stages in some photos. I log on to this forum every few days and I will try and answer your questions if I get the chance. I get asked hundreds of questions related to guitar construction each week either in my workshop or email so please only ask of things that really are not apparent in the photos or that you REALLY need to know for your purpose. There is quite a lot of information on my website and also a video showing briefly how I make my DAEMONESS guitars. Thanks for your interest and I will be as thorough as possible.
Dylan Humphries

Welcome man! :wavey: you seem to do great work. :agreed:

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Cheers for the comments brüs, and good of you to stop by Dyl :yesway:

AthenaInlay

ss.org irregular
Reaction score
What... no inlay??? ;)

This guy does THE BEST skulls on the planet. Seriously. I don't know if he farms 'em out or does them himself, but they're amazing.

...Ath

-Nolly-

Reaction score
What... no inlay??? ;)

This guy does THE BEST skulls on the planet. Seriously. I don't know if he farms 'em out or does them himself, but they're amazing.

...Ath

Yep Dylan's inlay work is incredible (and yes, he does them himself :yesway:).. We tried to come up with some sort of design that would suit the guitar but in the end we decided a blank board would be the best choice.

adaman

Reaction score
I just checked out this guys site and it looks like he does some great work, the finish on that Antichrist V was awesome! Also how would you describe the "Flatbacker" neck profile? Or does the name pretty much sum it up:lol:

')