Custom Dæmoness 7-string buildstory! Lots of maple-y goodness within! (many pics)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hah, don't tempt me dude! I'll just have an offset blocks all the way up I think.

Reckon I should go with abalone or pearl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I like Abalone....will sit nicely with the maple :)

(Also....yes.....this has convinced me I need to save my pennies for a while to get one myself...)

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Hah, don't tempt me dude! I'll just have an offset blocks all the way up I think.

Reckon I should go with abalone or pearl?
Excuse the quick MsPaint job:

lambda.png

I like it, but it might just look like a peace sign from afar.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hah, slick work dude but if I were to have the HL logo it would have to be big and vertically central.
Is there any chance you could remove the ESP logo from the original and add in an offset block at the 12th fret instead? Can't seem to find any pictures of guitars with offset blocks the whole way up..

As for the pearl vs. abalone thing, I'm leaning towards abalone at the moment but keep the thoughts coming!

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Hah, slick work dude but if I were to have the HL logo it would have to be big and vertically central.
Is there any chance you could remove the ESP logo from the original and add in an offset block at the 12th fret instead? Can't seem to find any pictures of guitars with offset blocks the whole way up..

As for the pearl vs. abalone thing, I'm leaning towards abalone at the moment but keep the thoughts coming!
Yeah, if you make the lambda logo big and centered it might look a bit...off.:lol:

Anyway, here's this:
horizoncustomva.jpg

:yesway:

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Yeah, if you make the lambda logo big and centered it might look a bit...off.:lol:

Anyway, here's this:
horizoncustomva.jpg

:yesway:

Sick, thanks brü! I dig that a lot, the board still looks almost entirely blank, but I'll be able to use it for teaching. Lovely stuff.

Oh, and Davey, that's awesome! Not sure if you've seen, but Dylans's put up pics of a couple of new guitars under the gallery section of the website.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, iPhone autocorrection FTL. :lol:

Yeah, you're right... subtlety is key here. The offset markers is a nice touch, BTW.

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
What if you had the HL logo inlaid on the back of the headstock? It'd be a nice touch, I think.:agreed:

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Oh wow, ESP side dots are awesome :yesway: I'd go with pearl, and the HL logo inlaid in grey with an orange outline or something on the back of the headstock would look so *hot* and unique! :yesway:

Yeah, I will definitely be asking Dylan about that tomorrow, though I'm thinking just in black.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, Nolly, you might've answered this already but what'll happen to this guitar now that you got endorsed by BRJ? Will it just be a studio guitar, or something?

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure I can find some uses for it. For one, I'll still need a backup 7 :)

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Fresh batch of photos from the Dylmeister:

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

The next few are of Roo's guitar, which has the headstock the regular way around

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Yeah, they make a great pair! It's neat how the headstocks mirror each other.

')