Custom Dæmoness 7-string buildstory! Lots of maple-y goodness within! (many pics)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Lack of safety glasses results in at least a 30% more metal guitar. It's science.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Just noticed something... is the tip of the reversed headstock the same angle as the "normal" one ? I swear there's a different angle there.. could be the picture angle though...

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hmm, I think that is just the angle the photo was taken at. Then again, the final sanding to shape is done by hand so I guess it's possible.
If you look at the pics from earlier in the thread, I think the angle looks less sharp:

IMG_0352.jpg

I must say, the more I look at it, the happier I am with the reversed shape. It was a last minute choice after I saw a left-handed neck hanging on the wall at the workshop.

Roo

THE THICKNESS
Reaction score
Awesome awesome awesome awesome!

I'm going to take in my 12th fret abalone designs soon. You decided on any sort of fret marking yet?

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Awesome, I'm definitely intrigued by your design.
We've decided to do the side block markings like this guitar (thanks to lobee for the quick shoppage):

horizoncustomva.jpg

They'll be done in mother-of-pearl

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
is it just me, or does the quilt pattern on that headstock form a tri-force in the area where it's a little darker/whatever? :lol:

i like that headstock alot better reversed :)

-Nolly-

Reaction score
is it just me, or does the quilt pattern on that headstock form a tri-force in the area where it's a little darker/whatever? :lol:

i like that headstock alot better reversed :)

Hah yeah, I can see that!

For the headstocks, also remember that the protrusion on the side will be tapered downwards:

DaemonessAtlanteanDDD7_03.jpg

daemonessaxes

Reaction score
Glad you are all enjoying this and finding it interesting. I can answer any questions you have but don't write them as messages to me; simply put them in the thread and I'll check it from time to time.
Dylan

Roo

THE THICKNESS
Reaction score
Adam, just headed into the workshop, got a wee pic of Dyl's work in my inlay so far in the 12th, minus the abalone as of yet but it is so much more awesome that I had anticipated. I just love that man!

roo-albums-daemoness-custom-picture3583-inlay-routed.jpg

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Oh damn, when I was in yesterday he hadn't started! Looking great!

Fred

Reaction score
I must say, the more I look at it, the happier I am with the reversed shape. It was a last minute choice after I saw a left-handed neck hanging on the wall at the workshop.

I went through Roo's thread before this one, and actually assumed that he had the reverse headstock and you had the normal one - looks sick either way but I'd definitely go for the reversed option myself.

Anyway, fantastic progress so far!

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I went through Roo's thread before this one, and actually assumed that he had the reverse headstock and you had the normal one - looks sick either way but I'd definitely go for the reversed option myself.

Anyway, fantastic progress so far!

Hah, yeah, I can understand it's confusing having pictures of both guitars freely floating between the two threads :lol: I

I didn't mention the progress on mine: the neck is ready for carving - the truss rod is in, the fretboard has had the inlays put in and has been affixed to the neck, and the whole neck and headstock has been bound. There should be a new batch of pictures soon!

')