Custom fanned-fret 7-string project (Parker Fly shape)

• Thread starter bluevoodoo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
The guitar will be finished in the next few weeks (except pickups+cavities)
Today i carved in the "logo"
72135_433610496686035_164997633_n.jpg

This guitar looks super bad ass and I can't wait until it's finished, but....what happened here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djohns74

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like those tuning machines are way too close to each other. :scratch:

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
flaik said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by NegaTiveXero

Look at the tuning machines.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

the tuning machines are going in a straight line but the headstock is a little bit curved. I used a ruler on my computer screen to check
Not that I doubt your prowess with a ruler and a picture on the internet. I disagree, they look a little off. I know the close together look is what parker does, so that doesn't bother me. Some of them seem like they went off a little.

By no means is it bad, but I just noticed it. If I'm wrong, awesome, I'd be happy to be wrong. Maybe another angle would help.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
The tuning machines are placed in an arc intentionally to have the strings converging. The one in the middle was a little off but has been professionally fixed since then without any visible mark neither on the front nor the back side of the headstock. Parkers also have this little space between the tuners though, so that was intentional too.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
I tried to make it visible on the pic as it can tell better than I. Please excuse me for my weak photoshop skills.

This is how it looked if the machines would be in a perfect row:

headstock1.jpg

And here's what it looked like if we'd put them up in an arc (I tried to fix the position of the one in the middle):

headstock2.jpg

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, that explains it. Killer guitar, man!

Lianoroto

Reaction score
Almost there....

So, how is that new invisible pickup-technology working for ya? I hear it sounds quite amazing.

But seriously. This guitar might be one of the better ones I have seen. I tip my hat off to you, sir.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
I haven't decided about the electronics yet, I'd prefer a Lundgren M7 for the bridge if Johan is able to manufacture a slanted one and either some BKP or a Lace Alumitone for the neck (I've been through a lot of Bare Knuckles but haven't had the chance to try any Laces, so BKP's are more likely to get there).

Necromagnon

Reaction score
I haven't decided about the electronics yet, I'd prefer a Lundgren M7 for the bridge if Johan is able to manufacture a slanted one and either some BKP or a Lace Alumitone for the neck (I've been through a lot of Bare Knuckles but haven't had the chance to try any Laces, so BKP's are more likely to get there).
I'm gonna try lace alumitone (I've bought a pair of V90) on a further hollow body build. I wanted to try, and they looks prety nice. A friend also started a ff 8 str with aluma bar (normal one, not the death or I don't remember the evilish-name), if you haven't decided yet when he'll finish it, I might be able to provide you some samples.

And this parker is looking freaking awesome... You remind that I want to build a fly 7 strings (not ff) since quite a long time... :wallbash:

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Just got home with the guitar, it's gonna be with me until I figure out the electronics question then give it back to danifigo to do the routings and install the pickups 'n everything else. First impression is that it plays like butter and has a resonance that's unexpected from a guitar weighing only 2.9 kgs (6.39 lbs). Needs some work on the nut and the bridge but the guys (danifigo and his new partner in crime) left them unfinished on purpose to be done after the pickups are routed in. Action on the treble side is already amazingly low though, it would drive any Ibanez fans crazy. Details are gorgeous, especially the body carving, and the asymmetric neck profile is also awesome.

')